I am so jealous of anyone with the ability to sleep more than 2-3 hours consecutively at night. I had forgotten that this point would come in my pregnancy when I can't even sleep for 2 straight hours without waking up uncomfortable and having to pee then once I'm up I have a really hard time getting back to sleep, so here I am typing at 2am . . . I've already laid in bed tossing for an hour and finally got up because I'm pregnant and I was starving. Then there's another dilemma: what do you eat at 2am that will actually possibly help you sleep and not keep you awake another hour? I usually go with something in the oat family; oatmeal or granola. It makes me feel full, tastes good and requires very little preparation. I am trying to remember back several months when I could sleep 6-7 hours straight, if not more and realize that someday I will be able to do it again, but hope is looking pretty dim right now. If I could sleep in until 9 or 10 tomorrow that would be one thing, but seeing as I have a plane to catch in the morning, it makes this particular sleepless night even more frustrating and everyone knows that everything seems 10 times worse in the middle of the night. Well, enough of my exhausted ramblings . . . I think I will try to read for a few minutes and then attempt to sleep again. And if you're ever up at 2am and thinking, why me?, just remember: I'm probably up too.
5 comments:
Shannon I am soooo sorry. But I should blog when I'm up too, Payton doesn't think she should really sleep through the night so I'm up 2-3 times still. ARGGHHH. oh well.
Ooh. That sucks. I remember that part of pregnancy and it's awful. If it makes you feel any better, I was literally up *all* night with Cade - he's sick (again) and didn't sleep for more than 30 consecutive minutes. :( Hang in there, remember your little guy will be all worth it!
Oh no bueno!! The end is sohard . . .no sleep, uncomfortable, irratability, etc. Hang in there!! Can't wait to see you soon.
Hahaha. Maybe it's God's way of preparing you for the even more lack of sleep you'll get when the baby arrives. :)
Love ya!
Stanford has posted pictures from the funeral that all of us can download on their blog. (And you can see what their new condo looks like on another post.) Just thought I would let you know to go see Sara's blog and download the pictures. He did such a good job.
Post a Comment