For the past couple weeks Weston has been very enthralled with the kitchen towels. He pulls them down constantly and has done everything with them. He set the step stool with them as tablecloths, covered up my feet because apparently they were cold, he wrapped up his toys in them and pretended they were babies, he laid them on the floor and said they were sidewalks and he draped them over the back of the sofa and said they were ladders, which he proceeded to climb. But his favorite thing to do with the kitchen towels is wear them. He likes to wear them and be Superman and have Daddy fly him around the house while he quotes the movie Incredibles and says "no capes!" He also like to have me wrap them around him and wear them as a "pretty dress." Ian clearly prefers the cape imaginative play better. I don't really blame him but I think both are pretty adorable.
"No capes!"

"Pretty dress"

Today we decided we needed a family outing since last Saturday we didn't take Weston out of the house all day long. Poor kid. So we decided to go to the Gateway and visit the Planetarium. Weston was so excited to see the planets and stars. When I told him where we were going and that we would get to look at the planets he said "where Heavenly Father lives?" Funny, I don't think we've ever really talked much about that, but he is basically right. Anyway, while walking around before going inside we got to see a real live fire engine up close. Weston loved it! We had a great time at the Planetarium too! We looked at all the exhibits, played with the toys in the gift shop and saw a movie in the dome theater called "The Secret of the Cardboard Rocket." Weston thought the dome theater was so cool and he stayed awake and quiet through the whole movie. I think he really enjoyed it. By the time we left he was exhausted and in melt down mode, but we made it out with minimal crying and he came home and slept for 3 and 1/2 hours. Anyway, it made for a fun day out and about with a quiet afternoon home for Ian and I to get the new dresser put together and relax a bit. What a great weekend! :)
Weston and the fire engine

Checking out the alien glasses and the dinosaur pincher at the gift shop

Looking at the mouse trap thing where the balls move through it. You know what I'm talking about right? The one at the Planetarium is pretty huge and amazing.

Weston posing on the moon!
6 comments:
8 1/2 months pregnant... you win! What a fantastic saturday. I tell you what, that kid is so dang cute, i can't get over it! I love the towel pictures--way to go you for having a red towel!
Hilarious!! You didn't tell me about the dress either. He cracks me up. I'm glad you guys had a good weekend and got your dresser put together. Now it's time for a baby!!
What a great weekend!! I love all the things you got to do. It sounded like a nice day out and that Weston totally enjoyed it. Yeah, for a good weekend! I love the kitchen towel stories and pictures too. Weston is such the cutie!!
awww I love the picture with the fire truck... He just looks SOOO EXCITED!! hahaha now I just need to find myself some sweet looking alien glasses!
You are always doing such fun things! It's always nice to get out of the house. Pretty soon it will be more tricky ...having to handle 2 kids. But all the more fun :)
How fun! I love the random things kids pick up on. Cade's thing is "ba ba's." He basically has to carry any bottle around, whether it be hairspray or shampoo or air freshener. He doesn't do anything with them, he just insists on holding them and sleeping with them. Maybe he'll move onto dish towels next? :)
Post a Comment