Friday, June 20, 2008

Bummer Dude

I haven't posted in a few days because our practically brand new 24 inch imac crashed on Tuesday night!  Can you believe that?!?  Ian took it to the Mac store Wednesday afternoon and they said it was a corrupt file something something.  Luckily Ian is a stud at backup, so we didn't lose anything, however he has been super uber busy at work this week and hasn't had a free hour to reinstall our movies, music, settings or pictures, so I don't feel like we really have the computer back yet.  Anyway, here's a little update of our week.  I apologize for the lack of pictures.  :)

This week has been pretty busy and fun.  We have been catching free lunch at the park almost every day and I'm loving it.  It is great to have Weston wasting food that I didn't have to buy for him, while still feeling good about my parenting skills in feeding him 3 meals a day.  Sometimes I think it's not worth it to feed him since he usually hardly eats anything anyway. :)  So ya, free lunch is awesome.  

We had a couple fun outings this week, including a really great afternoon/late night at our friends, the Burton's, house last night.  We went over to play with Dawnie and her son, Mason, in the little blow up pool and the wiggly sprinkler.  Weston actually LOVED the little pool and splashed and got all wet even though the water was freezing.  It was cute.  He was not such a fan of the wiggly sprinkler.  Unfortunately Dawnie and I both forgot our cameras, so there are no pics to document our fun playdate.  

After our water adventures we went inside and got dressed and made some frozen pizza and brownies and vegged out to So You Think You Can Dance while the boys played (can I just say I am thrilled that a certain skanky Cuban got kicked off this week).  Ian works with Dawnie's hubby, Wynn, and they were working late (as usual) so I just stayed until they were done and then Wynn and Ian came and we hung out for another couple hours until about midnight.  I had put the boys to bed already, but Weston woke up when we put him in the car and stayed awake the whole 30 minute drive home.  So he's pretty tuckered out today.  

I have to tell you about my shopping adventures today too.  First off, I am get major thrills from finding awesome deals on stuff.  I once bought a hideous maternity shirt simply because it was on clearance for $.99.  I just couldn't not buy it.  Anyway, a couple months ago I bought a dress that was on "sale" for $32.  That price has haunted me for the past couple months because if I'm going to spend that much money on something I better LOVE it and I didn't really love the dress.  So today I took the dress back and got Weston new sandals and myself a different, cuter dress for $15.  I just love finding awesome deals.  It seriously makes my day.  Yay.  

4 comments:

Mel said...

sounds like fun...well all except the computer crash! so...when an we play next week!? i wanna know more about free lunch in the park! :)

Anonymous said...

I will not even begin to tell you about my shopping outings this week with Grandma and Auntie B at stores like Eddie Bauer and Macy's. You would be so ashamed of me. I'm actually hanging my head as I type this as my daughter is getting the deals of the century. $.99 seriously?? That's amazing. I loved the free lunch program. Remember at S.V. when it was the free lunch program. Not only did I save money, but I saved the mess of lunch at my house and I got rid of you all (I mean had quality time alone) for awhile in the middle of the day :-) I'm a big fan too. Today I took Aunt Beth to lunch for her actual 50th B-day. That makes two of us in our shiny new decade :-) I'm glad you're back at it. I was wondering when someone was going to post another blog!! Give Weston and Davin (and Ian if you even see him) a big hug for me.

I love you, Mom

joyous said...

You are so funny!!! The deal buster and feeding your child....I laughed so hard at that. I wish there was free lunch somewhere....I would SOO take my kids. They are lucky if they don't have cereal for more than one meal a day. I have gotten so lazy. The heat this week isn't helping either. Anyway, I'm glad you had fun this week. Love you tons!

The Curnow Family said...

Dang! That is a bummer! But that's good that you could have a little play date. And do you remember going to sierra vista for lunch. ha I remember mom like rushing us out the door so we wouldn't miss it! aww, free lunch! I'm jealous that the boys got to swim, I'm like craving it so bad!!! It'e been so hot lately! And as for sales, I'm realizing the joys of finding things for cheap when I'm now using my own/ some body elses money!! ha love yoU!