Monday, June 16, 2008

Happy Father's Day!

Ian made it home safe and sound from youth conference late Friday night. We survived our 48 hours without him. Saturday morning we worked on cleaning up from the trip, weeded the rest of the front planter and ran some errands. In the afternoon I caught up on watching So You Think You Can Dance. I love that show. It is so fun. Just in case you watch it my current favorite is Chelsea Hightower and my least favorite is Susie (skanky high school teacher).

That night we initiated Ian's early Father's Day present (the new BBQ!) and had a couple friends over to celebrate and hang out. We had a really good time. We are loving the warm weather (finally!).
I love our new patio furniture and grill. We are having so much fun eating outside in the nice weather. If only the rest of the backyard were done. . .
Father's Day Sunday, Ian got to sleep in and then woke up to hot cinnamon rolls, the comics and the rest of his presents. Weston got him the first two Spider Man movies and I got him a grill cover for his BBQ and a new pair of flip flops. He is totally set for summer. We had church all afternoon, where Weston sang with the Primary again (so cute), then capped off the day with a really delicious steak dinner with garlic mashed potatoes and watermelon and ice cream. It was a nice day and I think Ian enjoyed himself and got a chance to relax a bit. We love you Ian!

Today we went to the park to play and discovered that they do free lunch at the park down the street, so we got Weston some lunch, played and then headed home for some badly needed nap time. I think we will run in the sprinklers this afternoon since it's so hot. Oh and Weston is wearing his new "summer hat" that we got on Saturday while running errands.
Just now Davin was hanging out in the bouncer while I was working on this post and I decided he's old enough that he might start reaching for stuff, so I put the toy bar on for the first time. He spent literally 20 minutes just staring at the bug toy. He looked a little concerned about it too. I had to capture the moment. :)

9 comments:

joyous said...

Score with the free lunch!!! That is a great outing AND you don't have to fix lunch. Wohoo! (Reminds me of Sierra Vista summer lunches.)

Looks like Ian was spoiled rotten this Father's day. What's left for his birthday?!?! I'm glad you guys are enjoying the new grill, that is pretty fun. :)

Love, that little Davin too. What a cutie pie!! Thanks for calling, it was fun to chat this afternoon. ;)

Carly said...

What a fantastic wife you are! Sounds like your Father's Day weekend was fun and filled with some good eatin'--a new BBQ? That's awesome. I love those pictures of Davin too--he is just so cure :)

Sarah said...

Hi-five on the new bbq! Everything tastes better on the grill. I love your two little ones, so awsome.

Shewi128 said...

I hate Suzie too.. She looks like such a ho! I love that show.. :)

Monica said...

Look how cute you are with your Father's Day surprises! your husband is a lucky guy!

I love So You Think You Can Dance too!!! I actually just got home from the taping of this Wednesday's show! It was a long day...we waited in line to get in and then we had to stand up the whole time during the taping! Look for me on TV :-)! Looking at the stage, I'm on the right side in a red top...about 3 rows back! Twitch and Kerrington were amazing! Suzie looked as skanky as ever and she didn't do very good...haha!!!

Olson Family said...

I loved those sierra vista lunches! hahaha yayy for Fathers Day!! and cute new pictures of Davin... that boy is sooo cute!!

Glen & Kat said...

I'm jealous of your patio! The grill looks nice and I totally agree that it's finally time to stop squatting to cook our burgers. Davin is making the cutest faces in those pics.

Tara said...

I know Ian is loving that grill, it looks nice! And you even got a cover, good job!

Tasha said...

So fun that you have a bbq and patio furniture! That is the best!!! I love our BBQ and seriously we already use it so much. I think BBQing is one of our favorite things and let me tell you as it gets hotter and hotter that things is going to be used more and more!!

Fabulous about the free lunch at the park too. I want one of those programs. Both boys are looking so cute. I am glad you had a good weekend and that Ian had a good Father's Day. We celebrated the week before since I was at Carly's for Father's Day.