Friday, June 6, 2008

Sickies and Flip Flops

Well this has been a long yucky day. Weston started coughing while we were on our Provo outing and got to bed pretty late that night. So yesterday he was pretty mellow and not feeling great, but didn't take an overly long nap. This morning he was up really early and not feeling well. He spent almost the entire morning curled up on the couch watching movies and crying. Finally around 10 he started feeling better so we got ready for the day and went to Sams Club (because we were down to our last 10 diapers) and met up with Ian for lunch. This ended up being a pretty miserable experience. About check out time at Sams Weston started fussing and crying and saying his tummy hurt. So we made it out of Sams, just barely. Then we went to meet up with Ian and Weston cried and tried to sleep on my should the whole time, so I couldn't really eat and it was just really un-fun. So we left pretty quick and I didn't get to eat my lunch, of course. Anyway, I had about had it and barely made it out of the restaurant before I started crying too. I was just so tired of all the fussing and the sickiness and the not sleeping and it was just one of the mothering days, ya know?

Anyway, all three of us cried on the way home and Weston fell asleep in the car. I put him on his bed when we got home and he slept for about 30 minutes then woke up crying. Ugh, so I snuggled him and got him to the couch where he fell asleep again on and off for another hour or so. Finally, after his nap I managed to get him to gag down another dose of Tylenol and took his temperature; it was 102.5. Not too terribly high, but definitely a temperature. I had been giving him apple-prune juice mix all day since he hadn't pooped since Tuesday and finally he did, so now he's feeling much much better, but still has a fever and we cancelled our camping trip we were going to do tonight. Hopefully he will be feeling well enough tomorrow that we can drive up to the lake and go on our friends' boat. In the meantime I am having a much needed girls night out tonight, so that will be nice.

I ordered the boys a few things from Children's Place last week including some flip flops for Weston. He was a little unsure if he liked them or not, but it's still too cold to wear them outside. I think they are so cute.
In his new BYU shirt and flip flops and I'm not sure what he's doing with his little face. :)
The boys were both riveted by Baby Einstien. It was funny.

5 comments:

Tara said...

Totally know how you feel. Being a mom in general can be tough, but when they're sick, it's exasperating. A person can really only give so much. It's hard.
I am pretty bummed I didn't get to do girls night with you tonight (or Wednesday, whats up with that). Justin is having stomach troubles on top of his sore throat, congestion, achiness, etc. I'm sooo tired of sickness, too. We were literally sick the entire month of May and now there's more. I just wanna scream! I REALLY hope Weston is feeling better soon!!

On a happier note, his BYU shirt looks really cute and so do the flip flops! I got Kenz flip flops from Children's Place, too! (so cheap, huh??) If you find any soft soled flip flops for Davin, tell me where! I want some for Jarom.

joyous said...

Hey Shan, I'm so sorry I wasn't able to chat longer this morning. That sounded like an unfun day. I'm so glad that Weston finally pooped. Maybe he just needs the prune juice a little more regularly, who knows.

For what it's worth, I was way impressed with how well you are handling two babies. I don't think I was coping that well when Mimi was two months old. You're an awesome mom and everyone needs a break once in awhile! Hopefully, your boat day works out!!

Carly said...

Shannon! I don't feel like I have commented on your blog in a way long time. I am sorry! Just so you know--I read it all the time :)

I LOVE the red flip-flops. And still too cold outside? That is terrible. We've warmed a bit here in Blanding... bu I guess it did snow on the mountain this week, so I shouldn't be too surprised.

Good luck with everything!

Sherrie said...

So sorry to hear of Weston's illness. Poor baby. But he looks great in his new tee and flip flops.

Too bad the weather hasn't cooperated with you yet. Wish you were here. We have to sleep with some windows open and just a sheet, now.

Girl's Night Out was the perfect outlet. I wish I had had those when I had exasperating days with my young kids.

I hope the rest of your weekend went better. Love, Sherrie

Tasha said...

No fun that you have sickness at your house! YUCK!! and NO FUN!!! But, I do love the flip-flops. I love the Children's place. That is where I got my boys flip-flops too. They both love them. And how great that both boys love Baby Einstein. Brayden still will not watch TV.