Monday, June 23, 2008

We're Back!

We are so the fun people around here . . . we had a busy, fun weekend. On Friday we went to the mall to do a little shopping (as mentioned in my previous post) and then met Ian for lunch. Davin was looking extra cute in his adorable orange outfit and hat, so I had to throw the pictures on here. These are just from my phone, so the quality isn't awesome.

Earlier that day Weston and I played around with my phone. He is always asking "I call someone?" So we settled for the camera instead of bugging everyone. :)
The boys were looking pretty cute in their polos before church yesterday so Ian set up a mini photo shoot on the couch. Every single one that had Davin smiling Weston looked somewhere else or didn't smile, so these are my favs.

All my boys. Weston kept doing that crazy open-mouthed smile when I told him to smile big.
I think they are both looking at me instead of the camera in this one.
My favorite if it weren't so blurry. Ugh.Saturday we went to the Kearns Oquirrh Park Fitness Center (KOPFC) to play in the pool. The Burton's came too. We had a blast. It is such a great set of fun pools.
Weston was underwhelmed/freaked out by all the squirting water and clung to Ian and I the whole time, even though he could walk by himself.
Anyway, we played in the sun, ate snacks and then went and explored the indoor pool. Weston was a bigger fan of the indoor pool. It had these ropes you pulled and then water came out of a shower like spout. He loved that. He also really like the little current circle. We went around and around and around.

After the pool we went back to our house and had a bbq, which was delicious, and hung out and watched a movie until it was time for the Burton's to leave to take Dawnie and Mason to the airport for their flight to AZ.

We then headed over to a little good-bye gathering for a foreign exchange student who has been living in our ward. We didn't stay too long though and then headed back to the pool to thoroughly wear Weston out before bed. Davin slept a ton all day Saturday, but still had a decent night. He even slept all the way through the night on Friday night (8:30-6:15)!

Ian is still crazy busy at work and I probably won't see much of him this week, so if any of you are bored in the evenings, give me a call! :)

6 comments:

Jenny said...

that water park looks like a close 2nd to the beach for kids at least! davin and weston are so cute together- davin looks like a mini version of weston to me!

The WB said...

I would give you a call, but:

1. That would be awkward, and

2. I'll be at work with Ian the whole week, anyway...

By the way, Dawnie and I had an absolute blast on saturday. And yes, you've converted us to late 90s beauty pageant movies.

wynn

Anonymous said...

wow! you guys are so much fun! I can't wait to be out of school so Brad and I can have a little more time to hang out! But the boys are getting so big! Looks like a fun weekend! Love you guys tons!

Olson Family said...

i love the orange outfit! you better believe its my new background!! hahaha the water park looks like a blast!! next time i am up there lets go!!

Anonymous said...

Will you take me to the water park when I'm up there this summer?? Looks like a fun place to cool off and I want any excuse for Weston to cling to me ;-) I'll certainly call you this week. (Or you call me!) I had a great time with Grandma Snowball who drove out here by herself for the first time. We got so much done and had so much fun. She just left and now I must get some stuff done:-( I also have the orange outfitted Davin as my screen saver. He is growing up so fast and so cute. I can't wait to see him!!

Love, Mom

joyous said...

You win: funnest family!!!

That pool park looks awesome. Lizzie wanted to know if it was close or far away. ;) Sounds like a great family day. I love all the pictures too. (Nice goatee, Ian!)