Thursday, January 29, 2009

My Baby is 3!

3 years ago today it was a Sunday and I gave birth to my first child. It was love at first sight. Weston has been an ideal first child. He was a perfect, sweet, mellow baby who slept tons. Not much has changed. He is such a fun kid. He loves to help and is a sensitive little man. He is also a goof. He loves treats, doing puzzles, talking, and watching Sesame Street. I love being Weston's mom. I am lucky.

Today I let him pick a birthday outing. He wanted to go back to Kangaroo Zoo. We had been once and he was so excited to go back. We had such a fun time. Our friends, Dawnie and her son Mason, met us there for some serious play time. Weston ran and climbed and jumped to his hearts content for almost 3 hours.

Here is Weston on one of his first slides. The look on his face is priceless.
This is a fun little spot for smaller kids full of blow up animals. Weston likes to jump on the crocodile and fall down a lot.
Weston and Mason spent a lot of their time on this ginormous slide. I was surprised that my non-daring son loved this big slide so much. They also liked to just bounce at the bottom. Cute boys.
Davin was a good boy too. I spent most of the time holding him, but my arms were about to fall off, so he also got some playtime in the 2 and under enclosed area.
He made some new friends. I'm pretty sure he is the oldest baby of the 3, but he's definitely the smallest.
In other Davin news we have had a fun filled week with Davin being sick last weekend. Like running a fever, coughing, vomiting and fussy screaming sick. Finally on Tuesday I took him to the doctor. He has an ear infection in one ear and then his chronic cough is due to reactive airways, so now we are doing twice daily doses of amoxicillan and Flovent inhaler. It is no fun having to do the inhaler, but hopefully it will make his cough disappear.

We have lots of other fun birthday activities coming up during Weston's birthday extravaganza weekend, so look forward to hearing more about the man of the hour!

14 comments:

Liz Smith said...

happy birthday to your cute little boy! how fun! :)

i had no idea you guys were friends with the burtons. i was friends with wynn way back in the day when we lived at liberty square. small world!

Kat and Steve said...

He just looks beyond thrilled to be at that place. How fun. Happy Birthday to Weston!

jilljohnson said...

Happy b-day Weston. That place looks so fun and cool. I wish we had more things like that up here.

Shewi128 said...

How cute! I can't believe you have a 3 year old! Time flies...

Jared and Delia said...

Happy Birthday!

I didn't realize Owen and Weston share the same birthday - just a year apart.

Tara said...

I totally want to take the kids to one of those bouncy places. I know they'd love it. Isn't it weird our kids are three now? We're gettin older!
p.s. I totally felt that post on things you want. Justin read it and couldn't believe how much it sounded like me!

Beth said...

You have the cutest little boys!!

I cannot believe you are the mother of a 3 year old! Enjoy every minute they grow so fast!

Olson Family said...

I was soo glad I was able to video chat with you guys on Westons birthday!! How fun!! I hope the birthday pancake dinner was a success ;) I love you guys and cant wait to hear about the birthday party!

joyous said...

What a fun birthday!! I hope he loves his party too. He is just a funny boy, we love him!

Lana said...

Happy Birthday Weston! That Kangaroo zoo place looks cool, where is that? It seems like you always take your kids to the funnest places. There's definitely perks to having a rec. therapist for a mommy. Oh, and Davin and Max are twinsies- Max has that same blue polo shirt. Gotta love Target :)

Katie and Bryson said...

Happy birthday Weston! Crazy how fast it goes...

Glen & Kat said...

Those places are so fun! Happy Birthday to Weston! Also, no fun about Davin. I had to do those same breathing treatments with Kaden last year and we both hated it, especially b/c I had to wake him up at night to do them for awhile.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Weston Robert!! Sure looks like a fun day :-) I'm glad we were able to catch up with you before Weston was back in bed. Good luck with the big B-day party tomorrow!

Tasha said...

Happy Birthday Weston! What a fun Mom to take you on that great outting!!

I am sorry about Davin. We have been sick at our house too. These coughes are HORRIBLE! I am hoping as can all shake them so I dont' have to go in to the doctor. We shall see though. Keep hanging in there and I can't wait to hear about more Weston birthday fun.