Saturday, January 23, 2010

Kiddo Update

Davin is just about the cutest thing ever right now. He is finally picking up more and more words. I was getting worried since he speaks so much less and less clearly than Weston did at this age, but once I made a list of his words I felt better. He has quite a few and I'm sure he will start speaking more and more clearly in the coming months. Here's his word list (more for my own record): Buzz, car, hey, hi, bye, eat, eyes, Weston, mama, dada, grandpa, turtle, Nemo, thank you, toy, ball, yum, amen, dog, moo, meow, frog, star, duck, quack, bear, go. There might be more, but so far that's all I've got on his list. He also can sign more and please, but I haven't gotten him to try out the real words yet. Here's a video of Davin talking.

Weston is also quite the cute preschooler. He is slightly more annoying because he has been talking back and giving me some attitude lately, but I'm thinking it just goes with the territory of being almost 4. He thinks he's very funny and is always wanting to tell us "silly jokes." They are usually just little stories involving weird characters (like baked potatoes talking to crabs), but every once in awhile he tells one that is actually pretty funny (for a preschooler). After Davin did his video Weston wanted a turn, so here's his current stand-up routine.

On the parents side. I am bored. Still. It is snowing and cold. I did, however, get a very fun book from the library a couple days ago. It's called "A Little Bit Wicked" by Kristen Chenoweth. She is one of my favorite actresses and I love seeing her on talk shows and stuff because she's just so cute and funny. Her book is exactly the same. I'm really enjoying hearing her own "coming to fame" story with all the wit and down-home southerness that is Kristen Chenoweth. If you're looking for a fun, interesting non-fiction book I highly recommend this one.

Ian has been working long hours at the office and is spending this weekend at a scouting training of some sort. It was all last night and all day today until 1pm. I wish we had some extra money to go see a movie tonight. That sounds so nice. Sigh. I guess it will have to wait, but I have some theater trips to make before Oscar night, so it can't wait forever. Just in case you were wondering . . . the Oscars are on March 7th this year. Put it on your calendars! ;) I know it's weird, but it's like my Superbowl.

9 comments:

Liz Smith said...

the oscars are awesome, i watch them every year. However, what i really look forward too is the red carpet...that's when im glued to the tv, it's my FAV!

Delia said...

What sweet boys. Those videos were adorable Shannon! I say that Davin speaks really well at his age, especially for a boy.

I too have been struggling with Owen's talking back more since he started preschool! What is up with that?

Tara said...

Those are both really precious, videos, I need to sit down and do something like that with Kenz & Jarom!

Carly said...

Little Davin is such a doll! Your kids are so cute :)

Amanda said...

OK--I have to comment about your Oscars! My college roommate was HUGE into the Oscars. Each year, she would have a party and the food represented each nomination for best picture. You have to get creative with them sometimes, but it was a fun way to celebrate.

Anonymous said...

I had the same worries with Brayden's lack of speaking when he was Davin's age. He seriously only said about ten words. But the day he turned 2 it's like a light went on in his little brain and he made up for all the lost time.

Does Weston do "knock-knock" jokes yet? My kids' favorite is "Knock, knock; who's there; achoo; achoo who; hee hee, I made you sneeze!" You can teach it to Weston when you get sick of the same old jokes over and over again. Then he'll make up creative "knock-knock" ones :)

Jackie H said...

I worried about Kyle talking too, but then I realized he idolizes Claire and uses all the tones she does. She speaks well, but not perfectly, so everything coming out of him is his interpretation of her interpretation of us. A few things get lost in translation :)

We love the Oscars too, but because they are a celebration of our first kiss which happened almost THREE MONTHS after we started dating. Big night.

Mom said...

Seriously, you didn't include "wow" in your list of words?? Davin is so cute!! I can't wait for him to come and talk to me and GrandPoP :-) Kristen Chenoweth's book sounds fun. Actually, reading a book sounds fun. I'll try to do this summer. Hang in there with your winter. I think we're in for another week of winter before we're done ;-) Love ya!

Anonymous said...

You forgot WAAAALLLL-EEEE :D