The word sweet has so many different meanings these day. It is the equivalent of "awesome" or "cool." It also can describe a kind person or the way a food tastes. It can also be a noun. As in let's eat some sweets! Today the kids and I visited the Sweet's Gourmet Candies factory. The do free tours Mon-Thurs. It was so fun. I couldn't bring my purse or camera with me inside the tour, so no pictures, but let's just say it was a big hit with Weston. He kept saying "This is just too cool for me." :)
We got to sample the candies we saw being made. Like an unfinished jelly bean, a fresh orange stick, and some fresh taffy. After the tour they let you loose in the factory store. Well we had to try a few other things, of course. We got some caramel nut patties and Boston baked beans. The kids got free bags of their Valentine candy assortment.
All in all definitely a successful outing. When we were back in the car Weston said "It would be so fun to have a pass to there. Then we could go whenever we wanted." Sigh. I explained that we could go back sometime because it was free. Anyway, if you live nearby I highly recommend a tour of the Sweet's candy factory.
How To Develop Value-Based Spending Habits
3 years ago
9 comments:
That's a great idea! Thanks for sharing! On one level, I knew about it and knew it was free, but hadn't really thought of it. Next bored day, that may be our activity of choice!
Ooooh..yum! I wish we lived closer!
I'm going to tell my sister about this! She has four kids (three of them boys) and I'm sure they would LOVE something like this. Thanks for the heads up, Shannon!
Yummy! I think in logan I could take a tour of a dairy or the cheese factory but that is about it nothing compaired to a chocolate facotory.
Very fun! I love Weston's comment. :) Makes me crave sugar just thinking about it, but I already had my See's today, so I'm going to be good tonight.
So fun!! I think you need to take me next time I'm there. Do you remember touring the Jelly Belly factory with the Crisp's? I'm sure Weston thought it was the coolest ever. You are such the fun Mom to find these great outings!! It was good talking to you yesterday. Love ya!
That looks so good, Brad and I would want the taffy! We love Westons little comments! ha He cracks us up!
and i'm drooling.......
glad you had a great time!
Oh I'm going! After seeing it on Tara's and now yours, I don't need much more convincing.
Post a Comment