I don't know that Ian is feeling much better from his cold and he had to go to work today regardless, so hopefully he will be back to normal soon too.
I am feeling pretty productive today. I finally got all the laundry done and put away. I tidied and vacuumed the house. Did the dishes. Cleaned the stove. Disinfected all the door handles and light switches. Swept the kitchen. Gathered up all the toys from under the couch and swept under there.
After all that I picked up Weston from school and we all went to the library to pick out some new books. I got us all fed lunch and then took my much deserved computer break while the kids "napped." I finally started working on my blog books! I have never done one, so I am going to do 2. One of all my blog posts from 2007 and 2008 and a separate book for 2009. The plan will be to do each year from now on. I am pretty excited, but am having a little bit of a hard time with the stupid software lagging. Sigh.
During my computer break I also updated my goodreads lists and joined paperbackswap.com. It's pretty cool. I went through my bookshelves and listed about 14 books that I had that I didn't particularly want to read again. Once you post 10 books you get 2 credits to start out with. I used both my credits and ordered a hardback copy of The Lovely Bones. I hope it's good. I also ordered a paperback of The Giver. It's one of my all-time faves.
I still wanted to get some more cleaning done, but alas my kiddos seem to think it's my job to entertain them this afternoon. Sometimes they drive me nuts and sometimes when that happens I do a little something to get all our minds off of being bored.
We have a dance party!
And sometimes we wear hats.
And sometimes we wear hats.
"Single Ladies in Mayberry," (by Party Ben) "Buddy Holly," (by Weezer) "Jai Ho," (from Slumdog Millionaire) and "Great DJ" (by The Ting Tings).
Bonus! Having a dance party is about the
equivalent of a 20 minute Denise Austin workout video!
Our other fun indoor boredom buster is the new Playhut fire truck. The kids really like it, especially Weston. He always tries to get Davin to go in there with him. Last night he begged us to take this picture of him.
****Since so many of you are asking . . . I am using blurb.com to do my blog books. I can't say if it's the best option yet since I haven't actually done them, but so far my first book of posts are all uploaded. Membership and the book-making software are both free. The books range in price depending on how long they are. The first one I am doing is 284 pages so far, but that has each post on it's own page and they aren't that long, so I am going to try to consolidate it. I'm hoping that in the end the book will be closer to 200 pages and then it will cost about $35 in hardcover. There are other sites that will upload your blog posts to a book, so feel free to look around. I chose blurb.com based on my friend, Sharlyn's recommendation.
13 comments:
How fun! I love dance parties. And I might add, you're raising them with great music! Keep up the good work. :)
I have been wanting to make books as well. Where are you doing them through?
We've been getting a LOT of exercise via dance parties lately. Annie is a big fan of the '80s.
I'm so glad that a) Davin is not throwing up and is better b) you are making blog books!! Your blogs are so wonderful that you must have a permanent journal-type record and c) that you have found something positive to entertain those cute, adorable boys with like a dance party!! Great mothering!!!
i saw your facebook status and looked up paperback swap.com too! and i joined! so much fun!! i ordered a book myself and had 2 people order from me! jon will be so happy at the $$$ saved. :) i'm a bit of a bookaholic... so thanks!!
ive been wanting to do a blog book too. did you just buy the software somewhere or is there an online place that your doing it on?
im glad the puking is over...and i hope your hubby feels better soon. also, i love the dance party! good songs too. :D
Yay for no more puking! You were WAY productive today. Holy cow! Let me know how the Lovely Bones turns out. I am always looking for a good book.
I downloaded the blurb software but only got that far. I plan on doing a book for 2010. Up until now I have been doing a separate scrapbook which is totally not efficient. Thanks for more insight on the process. I would love to know of any tips you have when you are completely done.
I love when life really is a dance party. Seriously. How fun to be putting your blog into a book. I REALLY need to do that too. I think I am going to go check out the website. I started once, but never finished it and it was going to cost me more like $100. So, I think I need to go check this out. Thanks for the info. Glad people are starting to feel better at your house. And GO YOU on all the cleaning! It is always nice when we can be productive in that way. Send some of that my way :)
Go you on the clean house! I love the way a tidy house feels. It's easier for me to relax and enjoy my kids when the house isn't a disaster.
I joined Blurb about a month ago but that's as far as I got. Let me know if you're happy with the way your book turns out.
I used Blurb to make my blog into a book and I loved how it turned out. It was definitely worth the money because now I don't have to scrapbook! :)
Just FYI, I LOVE blurb. they do an excellent job and their prices were really compettitive the last time I went looking around. I hope that you too are happy with the end result. I love looking through my old books.
Wow nice job on the super productive day! I started making a blog book at blurb but didn't finish. Need to get on that. Justin is constantly having "dance time" with the kids and the Ting Tings are definitely one of Jarom's favorites. Glad the throwup is ending! And I have a goodreads account too... I'm really bad about updating it but I need to add you so I can get your recommendations on books. :)
Yay for making the book! You know my wedding book was done by blurb! Those boys are so funny! And hurray for getting all that cleaning done! Love you!
Post a Comment