Monday, September 20, 2010

Busy Bees

September continues to fly by while we stay busy busy. On Friday I let Weston pick a fun outing. We had worked hard all week keeping the house clean, so Friday was our "day off." We had such a good time playing at the dinosaur museum. It was pretty empty, so the kids just did the whole thing at their own pace. Afterward we went out to lunch and the boys got to play on the playplace at Carl's Jr. They were starving too, so they ate really well. The Carl's Jr. we went to was in the same little shopping complex as a See's Candy shop. On our way back to the car we had to walk right past See's, and you know I can't do that without stopping in for a bordeaux. :) It was a fun outing and we all came home ready for naps.
Friday night was our ward game night. Weston got to play Hullabaloo with some of the bigger kids in the ward. It was a fun game. I might have to add that to my list of stuff he would like. I am always out of Weston gift ideas by the time his birthday rolls around in January. I got to play some Bananagrams and Boggle. I heart word games.

Saturday morning was the Relief Society choir dress rehearsal. We carpooled to the Conference Center, got checked in (with our special green security badges), and went and sat in parts in the regular seats. They re-organized us by height and filed us all up into the choir seats. In case you are looking for me this Saturday I will be sitting in the 2nd soprano section (middle left when you're looking at the choir) 3rd row up, 5th seat in. During the entire rehearsal there were a couple people going around shifting people and moving them so everyone could be seen and looked balanced. It was quite the process.

Sister Beck stopped in to hear us for the first 15 minutes or so of our rehearsal on her way to a sealing. She spoke for a couple minutes and told us how much she appreciated our time and talents. She also talked about the preparation everyone has been putting into this Relief Society meeting. I know it's going to be awesome. She went and sat down in the seats with the other RS board members while we sang The Spirit of God. When we finished she jumped up, pumped her arms in the air and shouted "Yes! That's just what I wanted!" It was pretty gratifying.

During the rest of the rehearsal we figured out sound with the organ and special instruments (flutes and french horns), recorded each of our songs for time and to listen back to, and took some group choir photos. It was a long morning, but still such a neat experience to be singing in the Conference Center.

As soon as we got back I ran into the house to change my clothes then drove over to meet my family at Ian's work picnic. It was a lot of fun. They had it catered by Goodwood BBQ. Yum. The boys were happy as clams with their party bags full of treats and toys and the playground to play on. They didn't really eat any lunch, but jelly beans and Pez has to count for something I guess. We have been having really great September weather and it was in the 80's on Saturday! Perfect BBQ weather. It's always nice to get to visit with Ian's co-workers and their families. Today is the CEO's birthday, so we sang to her and had cake too. Good times.

I was pretty exhausted when we got home. Ian watched the rest of the sad BYU game, then he was all kind of productive cleaning out the desk and setting back up our TV hookup to the computer because Fall TV starts back up this week! Thanks babe! It looks awesome! He took the kiddos to Best Buy with him to get a USB hub and brought me back In N Out for dinner. What a good hubby.

Sunday was pretty normal. Ward choir started back up with a new director, so that was interesting. And we spent Primary practicing for the program. Weston is doing really well memorizing his part. He was seriously the only kid who knew his part. Yikes. The program is next week. I know all the songs pretty well, so hopefully I play ok when it counts. I will be glad when it's done.

After dinner I went to my last RS choir rehearsal. It was good to listen to our recording from the Conference Center. We certainly don't sound professional, but it will definitely help that we had last night to fix some of the little things that were noticeably bad on the recording. Participating in the RS Choir has definitely been a unique and fabulous experience. I am grateful to have gotten to be a part of it. I'm excited for the actual performance on Saturday too. It's going to be great. Don't miss it!

11 comments:

Tasha said...

How exciting that you are singing at the R.S. Broadcast on Saturday. I will be looking for you. Very fun. Sounds like it was a good productive and fun weekend. But, to behonest it sounded like of exhausting too. :) Now on to another week. Can you believe we already to the end of September? Where does the time go? Seriously.

Carly said...

I am seriously SO EXCITED for the RS broadcast this week. I look forward to it all year long... and you had better believe looking for you will be high on my list!! I hope you get a close up :)

Love you!

Jackie H said...

My mom volunteers at the RS building on temple square so we have close tickets on Saturday at the conference center. I'll watch for you for sure. Can't wait for conference. It's definitely my favorite time of year.

elizabeth said...

I'll be sure the whole North Hills ward will be looking for you this Saturday ;-) Sounds like we both had busy, fun weekends. Can't wait to see you and play with the boys in a week from Saturday!!

Alexis said...

So, when I see you on the screen at the broadcast, should I yell out, "I know her!" Or, should I just happily internalize it?

:)

lisa said...

haha--I love the story about Sis. Beck getting all excited for your number. I've always liked her. Good luck--I'm excited to see you!

Delia said...

I'll be looking for you! I am so excited for you.

What a nice husband for bringing you some In N Out. I haven't had some yummy Inn N Out in too long!

Liz Smith said...

i will be looking for you on tv! :D you girls are going to sound great! :)

J, J and B said...

Oh my I totally MISS Carl's Jr! So awesome about Sister Beck! What a great lady!! Good luck with the performance!! I'm sure it will be great!!

Katie said...

Oooh! I'll be looking for you!

Glen & Kat said...

I'm totally going to be looking for you on Saturday--good luck! What an awesome experience.