This weekend Ian and I went on an all-day date. It was so fun. I needed the break and we needed the time together. We had already scheduled massages for the middle of the day, so we started with that and went from there. I bought the certificates for the massages on
Groupon when they were only $20/hour massage. Pretty great deal. I was quite impressed with the spa too. It was quiet and beautiful. We even got to have our massages in the same room, which was kind of fun. I really enjoyed getting to lay on my stomach (in the belly support thing) for a full hour and my massage felt amazing.
Ahh. I will have to do it again before I have this baby.
After our massages we drove up the canyon to Snowbird to check out Oktoberfest. They have it on weekends for about a month every year. And every year we talk about going up to check it out, but had never actually been. The weather was gorgeous, so it was fun to be up in the mountains.
Oktoberfest was a little disappointing, but I was still glad we went. We only stayed for a couple hours. We got some German food and hung out in the big food tent where the "traditional" music was being played. I put traditional in quotes because the band played the Chicken Dance. I don't know how traditionally German that is. :) Outside we watching the Yo Yo Man do his thing. It was impressive. There was a marketplace area with vendor booths, but it was pretty sparse and there was only one really German booth. I guess the big draw of Oktoberfest is the beer, which we did not sample, of course.


We drove back down the canyon and went to the
Nickelcade to play some serious
skeeball. The crowd at the
Nickelcade on a Saturday afternoon is kind of funny. There were a lot of little boys with a mom or two trailing along, a handful of teenage boys with scantily clad teenage girls following them around, a few kinda creepy loner adult men playing the real video games (not just the ones that give tickets), and us. I loved playing
skeeball. It's so fun! Seriously, when I am rich and have a huge house with a huge basement I am definitely putting in some
skeeball lanes.


There was a Burlington Coat Factory across the street, so I dragged Ian in to look at the baby bedding. He ran out of steam for that pretty quickly. I guess I won't worry too much about his opinion of the nursery decor. We got hungry and headed to the Cheesecake Factory for some food. We ended up just getting an appetizer to share and our own slices of cheesecake. I couldn't finish my white chocolate caramel macadamia nut cheesecake. It was so rich. Ian's was amazing too. His was the red velvet cheesecake. He said that the restaurant is ruined for him now because he will always get the red velvet cheesecake and not want to try any of the other flavors. Finally it was time to head home. I was pretty exhausted actually. I'm not used to being out and about all day long.
Later that night we set up the projector to watch
Bourne Identity with some friends out on the patio. It was fun. We should have done it earlier in the summer too, but we were just too busy (and by we I mean Ian). It was a very fun weekend.
Sunday I spoke in church. I always think that I won't have enough stuff to talk about and I will be done in 10 minutes, but this time I managed to take a whole 15
ish minutes and didn't leave very much time for the last speaker. Whoops! In my defense I haven't spoken with 2 other people in awhile, so I forgot that I probably only needed to do 10 minutes. Anyway it went pretty well, so that was a relief.
Today has been busy and it's not over yet. I dragged Davin with me on a bunch of errands while Weston was at school. He was ready for a nap by the time we were done and was not happy when I made him put back on his shoes to go pick Weston up at school. Later this afternoon we have our first tee ball practice. The first game is tomorrow. I can't wait to see how Weston does.
Reason #58 I love my minivan . . .

I bought our new Sit N Stand LX stroller this morning at
Shopko. I have to brag a little about it because it was a great deal. They are normally around $130-150, but I have seen some on sale on Amazon and
Walmart for $115. Not too bad for a stroller really.
Shopko had theirs on sale this week for $115, BUT I also had a 20% off coupon that was only good yesterday and today. That made the stroller only $92. I love getting a good deal.

After
Shopko we also went to
Sams Club. I love that I can fit everything so easily into my van. It is seriously the best. I probably could have fit it all with all the seats up too, but the one side was already down, so I just loaded it in that way. I am so glad that we went with a minivan as our family car. It is the most convenient car ever. Now if I can just decide on some nursery decor then I would say we are more or less ready for baby girl!
10 comments:
Sounded like a great weekend and Monday. You are going to love your stroller. I have one and love it. Best stroller for baby #3. Best. And you did get a great deal. Happiness to that one. I love that you got a day date...happiness (big happiness) to thatone.
ahh....a couples massage sounds HEAVENLY. I have never had a professional massage and neither has Jared. That's definitely on our list of things to do someday. sounds like you had an awesome day date!
The only time I've had a massage was when I was a few weeks away from my due date, and it was the best thing ever.
Glad you and Ian got some time together.
Love the date, love the van, and love the score on the stroller! (I've seen those things go used on KSL for that price!)
Those sit and stands are great. You did get a nice deal. I think we got ours for like $109 and I felt like I got a sweet deal then.
What a fun date to have with Ian. You guys are so good at doing that.
I had my first massage when I was prego with baby #3. It was amazing! You should definitely go again before baby girl comes! Sit and Stand strollers are so convenient. I've had mine for five years and I use it all the time. Score on the price too! I have to agree with you on the minivan. I also love the automatic passenger doors...there so easy, even the kids can open/close them, yay!
Sounds like a great fun day! Those are my fav. taco shells in your van picture.
I bet a preggo massage is heaven! You need to get another before the baby is born. You deserve it! That's really great that you two could spend some time together alone! I hope you have a good time picking out the girl decor!!! It should be fun!!
Looks like such a fun date! We just got a sit n stand too but we got the one with two seats because I didn't think Theo was quite ready for the big boy back yet. Great deal!
Wow, what a great weekend. Massages AND skeeball. I don't know what's better. Seriously I love that game! What a fun activities you did for your date!
Post a Comment