Wednesday was beach day. We ended up only spending a couple of hours at the actual beach. It was a fun day though. We went down to Long Beach in the morning and stopped in to visit my Grandma Snowball. She was having a good day and we had a really nice visit. I had fun showing them some of my favorite treasures in Grandma's house and talking about how Grandma B had grown up in that house. Ian took Beckett for a walk so I didn't have to stress about keeping him away from fragile things. I am glad we got to see Grandma this trip.
Next we drove down the road and popped in at Grandma and Grandpa Olson's house. I hadn't gotten a hold of them beforehand, so I wasn't sure if they would be home, but luckily Grandpa was finishing up some work in the driveway and he called Grandma at the mission office so she could come home and see us. They had some toys and coloring books so the kids were pretty entertained. Beckett was fussy because it was close to lunch time, but Grandma's M&M guy kept him at bay while we visited. I really love my grandparents and am so grateful we got to visit! I didn't get a pic though. Oops.After our grandparent visits we grabbed some lunch at In N Out. Beckett was starving and ate every last bite of his grilled cheese.
We drove down PCH to Huntington while Talia and Beckett got little naps in the car. We met up with my friends, Pam and Amanda at the beach. It was such a blast to catch up with them and let our kids play. You know you have good friends when it is years between visits, but it feels like no time at all.
I could have stayed a little longer at the beach, but we were getting tired and hungry and I knew it would take us awhile to get home in the end of the day traffic, so we headed out a little before 5. We made it home in time for Ian to go out for sushi with my dad. It took me the rest of the evening to get everyone (including myself) bathed and showered and fed. The kids went to bed pretty early that night, but no one complained. Ian and I stayed up watching Sweet Home Alabama with Mom. It was a good day.








3 comments:
Glad to see that Talia's aversion to sand seems to be over!
I'm so glad you got to see all the grandparents. The beach day looks fun!
Looks like a super fun day!! I love your purple swimsuit too!
Post a Comment