I had been wanting to spend a little quality time with Davin, so I took him out on a date! We had an awesome time. He is such a cute, funny kid. We used his In N Out gift card that he won at Mel and Brad's BBQ, so he paid for dinner. It ended up costing $.02 after the gift card. He was proud of himself for paying for dinner. We had some good conversation aside from the fact that he speaks way too quietly and I had to ask him to repeat almost everything he said.
We talked about his friends. Who is nice to him (pretty much he gets along with everyone) and who isn't (just one kid I already knew about). He told me out of the blue that he knows the difference between a cowboy and a shepherd. I was intrigued. He explained that cowboys have to push the cows along, but a shepherd walks in front of the sheep and they follow him. He said that it's kind of like how we follow Jesus. I'm always impressed with what sticks with kids. I'm thankful he has such awesome primary teachers!After dinner I gave him a couple dessert choices, but he chose picking out a candy at the dollar store to take with us to the movie. So we ran into Dollar Tree and both picked a box of Junior Mints. Then we headed over to the theater to see How to Train Your Dragon 2. We were there a little early so we got to hang out and watch all the commercials and trivia. The movie was fun. Davin loved it. I maintain that the first HTTYD was better, but the sequel was pretty good too. :)
I had to laugh because Davin did not inherit my major sweet tooth. I kept asking him if he wanted to open his candy and he had to tell me about 4 times "I'll tell you when I'm ready for it Mom!" I had already almost polished off my entire box by the time he finally asked for his. I am glad I got to spend some time with my Dav man. Love him!



1 comment:
You are a lucky lady! I wish I could score a date with the Dav man.
Post a Comment