Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Daybreak Lake

We got together with our friends, the Matagi's, for a beautiful afternoon at Daybreak Lake! I had never been out there, but I had heard about it. Tara lives really close to it, so we headed out her way. She picked up a couple of pizzas to take with us and we ate and played. 

The kids loved the lake! It was simply beautiful. The only drawback is that there aren't bathrooms. Beckett didn't like walking on the sand at first, but after about 10 minutes he got used to it and was wandering all over the shore and playing in the sand. Tara and I actually got to sit back and relax and visit while the kids played. We reveled in the fact that our kids are all old enough to play together without us being within arms reach.
Weston and Kenzie were helpful with the babies and Weston loved being out in the water. Talia loved the water too. It wasn't freezing, which was nice. When they got restless with the water they could come play on the grass by us and eat snacks. Justin and Ian come and joined us after work for a little bit too. We will definitely have to go back!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Looks like you guys are having a great summer! I'm thinking maybe it is time to make 3 of your non-swimmers into swimmers. Dad