Right after Weston got home from Cub Scout Day Camp on Wednesday we packed up the car and headed off on a little adventure to Lava Hot Springs, Idaho. My neighbor, Emily, had a time share condo up there for a few days and had taken her two kids up with her. She wanted company, so I decided to be brave and take my kids up and hang with her for a little overnighter. It ended up being really fun!
Like I mentioned in the last post we were having crazy random cold weather that week, but the forecast called for sunny skies on Thursday, which was the day we planned on going to the Lava Hot Springs pool. On the drive up it was raining and only in the 40's! When we got there the rain had finally stopped but it was still pretty cold. The kids played outside anyway and had fun together. I brought up pizza for dinner that night. We vegged a little, played with glow sticks, and checked out the game room of the complex. The boys had fun gathering rocks outside and rolling down the big hill.
The little condo was perfect. It had a little kitchen/living room with a bathroom. Plus a separate bedroom with it's own bathroom. When it was time for bed we pulled out the couch bed for the boys, set up a little bed for Talia from the couch cushions and blankets, Beckett had the pack and play, and I slept on a roll away bed. Emily and her kids took the bed in the bedroom. It took about half an hour for my kids to all settle in and go to sleep. Poor Emily had a harder time. Her kids don't sleep well and usually stay up late, so they were up for a long while, but she tried to keep them quiet and it was fine. I am a light sleeper so I did not sleep well. It was kind of a long night.
Beckett woke up at about 5:30am. He was not content to just watch a show so he woke up all of his siblings. Luckily the big boys were fine hanging out in bed and playing on the ipad. I ended up taking Beckett and Talia outside for a little walk since they were being really loud and fussy. It was cold though so we hung out in the car until 7am. Then we went back in, got some cereal, put away the beds, etc. We ventured out to the little playground and basketball court in the complex and played until the game room opened. It was a fun morning. Once Emily and her kids were up we had second breakfast and got ready to go to the pool.
The day warmed up nicely and it was a fun day at the pool! There was something for everyone. Davin, Talia, and Beckett all loved the warm kiddie pool. It had tons of fun things to play with and it was like a bathtub, so they didn't get cold. The outside pool wasn't super cold, but just regular heated pool temperature. Weston liked playing out there. Luckily Emily was super helpful at the pool and I managed with four non-swimmers. They also had four big water slides and Weston was big enough to go on all of them, so I went on the twisty ones with him while Emily held down the fort. He went on one of the big speed slides all by himself and had a blast. He loves water and being big enough for the slides!
It was a really fun day. We stayed until the afternoon then headed back to the condo when Beckett couldn't keep his eyes open any longer. We got changed, ate a little lunch, packed up and then drove home. Emily stayed a little longer. It was so nice of her to let us crash their place for a bit. We had a really fun time! It was good for me too. It really boosted my confidence that I could do something like that all by myself. Sometimes I feel a lot of fear about doing things with all of my kids, but I handled it.
We made it home just in time for Ian to take Davin to his tee ball game. I stayed home and bathed little ones, unpacked, started laundry, etc. I was SO exhausted that I went straight to bed after getting everyone settled in bed. Nothing like a good night's sleep in your own bed after a rough night's sleep on a roll away bed. :)









1 comment:
Sounds like your ready for a solo trip to California next summer ;-)
Post a Comment