Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Father's Day 2014

The day after Mel and Brad's shower was Father's Day! Talia, Beckett, and I took Mom to the airport in the morning while Ian slept in. I told the big boys they were in charge of making sure Dad had a quiet house. They did awesome and spent their morning building this adorable Lego creation for their dad (it's our whole family in front. I'm in the white hat. Apparently there wasn't any girl hair). It was on the kitchen table when I got home from the airport.
Ian slept in and then when he woke up I made some french toast for everyone. Ian loved his Lego creation. He also got to open his other presents. The kids got him a super cool Back to the Future Delorian Lego set. I got him a satin pillowcase that matches our new bedding and a thing for his car that can hold his phone on the dash. I also gave him a new bike, but I let him pick it out the next weekend. It was a fun morning.
Church was good. The dads all got yummy, gooey cinnamon rolls. After church we let Dad pick what we watched on TV and tried to be extra nice to him. I made chicken Parmesan for dinner and baked fresh chocolate chip cookies. I hope Ian was able to see how much we all love him. He's such a fantastic father and husband. We are so lucky!
This pic is just for fun. Beckett "helping" Daddy play Zelda.

1 comment:

elizabeth said...

We love Ian too! Thanks for being such a great Dad to our adorable grandchildren ;-) It was very thoughtful of Beckett to help Daddy play his video game too!