Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Home Sweet Home

If you just looked at our blog you might think we never stay home! But the truth is we are home most of the time. Every once in awhile we venture out and do something fun. This post consists of happy moments at home. They aren't even all this cute and happy, but I generally don't whip out the camera when the kids are grouchy and fighting or when I'm doing dishes or vacuuming. 
This is Talia at dinner grumpy about something we asked her to do. I can't remember what.
I am so grateful that for the most part my kids love each other, are kind to one another, and play well together. It's not always a party, but I'm glad that I'm home to see and capture some of their more loving moments. :)

Weston is such a good big brother. He loves to have Beckett climb all over him. He will even let Talia climb on him. He is good about including them when he and Dav are playing in the basement. He also gets along great with Davin. They play together for hours. Davin and Weston are buds and are entertained by Legos for days on end.
We also spend a lot of time playing on screens when we are home. The boys love playing Super Smash Bros. and Wii Fit games on the Wii. Talia would watch shows all day if I let her. Her favorites are Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, Jake and the Neverland Pirates, Doc McStuffins, and Super Why. Beckett is usually content to play cars in front of whatever is on the TV.
Davin and Talia are my kids that fight the most. They struggle to get along, but the other day we walked over to the little park and we were the only ones there. They did great playing on the playground together, then I looked up and they were sitting in the grass like this and my heart melted. I hope they will do better together over time.
Beckett loves playing in my closet while I'm getting ready for the day. Some days I swear he and Tal get out all of my shoes. It's kind of annoying, but pretty dang cute. Beckett also loves to play on the piano. I keep it closed most of the time, but when I open it up he's right there ready to play. :) He also is SO close to talking. He is finally saying more words: mama, dada, brothers, bubble, go, up, uh oh, wow. He also can do animal noises for horse, cow, bear, duck, pig, fish, elephant, etc. I'm looking forward to him learning to say yes, please, more, drink, and his siblings' names.
This was me trying to get him to say "brothers" on camera. He wouldn't do it, but he had said it perfectly right before this and he loved watching himself onscreen.
To sum up . . . I love that I get to stay home with these little munchkins and that I never miss a sweet moment. It makes all the grouchy, squabbling moments less awful. :) Also we stay home a lot. It's hard taking this whole crew out and about! 

2 comments:

Paige said...

I love this post. I love hearing that siblings can love eachother, hahaha, can you guess what I'm worried about?

You have such an awesome group of littles.

Jules said...

Haha there are so many things I love about this post. Grumpy Talia, Beckett and Weston playing, Talia being able to say brother... I could go on