I forgot to mention how I was on my phone all day on the 4th of July getting updates from my family because Jules was in labor! It was pretty exciting. Sadly he took his sweet time and doesn't get to share an Independence Day birthday with Rachel. Dean Edward Garcia was born on July 5th. All 8lbs. 9oz. of him. What a cute little chub! We are so happy to have another sweet baby nephew!
The day after the 4th of July is always rough. We all are tired from staying up too late the night before and we still have to spend all day together. Ian and I decided we'd better take the kids on a little outing or we wouldn't make it to lunch time, so headed over to the Thanksgiving Point Garden to run around and get some energy out. It was pretty much empty and it was a beautiful day!The kids were super excited to feed the fish, so they brought their quarters and everything, but wouldn't you know it, there was no fish food in the dispensers. Poor kids and poor fish. They swarmed up by the dock when we came anyway because they were hoping for food. It's seriously amazing to me how many fish are in there!
We wandered around to the Secret Garden and played in the fountain. They kids got soaked, but were pretty much dry by the time we left since it was warm and sunny. We went the back way and ended our walk by the waterfall. Weston took this lovely photo of Ian and I in all our sweaty, un-showered glory. Nice.
It was the perfect outing. By the time we got home it was almost lunch time and then everyone napped or had quiet time and by evening we were all feeling better. I love getting to spend all weekend with my family. They are pretty much the best.


No comments:
Post a Comment