Friday, August 22, 2008

Back to Out

I have decided outings are still my best chance at getting through the day with Weston. They keep me occupied (sometimes with adult company) and usually keep Weston entertained enough to ward off the whinniness and let him burn some energy. I think the only drawback to a daily "outing" is the impact on my wallet. It can be hard to find things to do that are completely free. Also, when we are out and about doing fun things we often find ourselves wanting to eat lunch out. I do have a stash of cheap/free outings up my sleeve, but if anyone has any suggestions of free outings they do with their kids, I'm always looking for ideas. Our standards include: the park, the library, the playground at the mall, Petsmart, the park, McDonalds playplace, the grocery store, the dollar store, the park . . . You get the idea.

One of my favorite outing places is Gardner Village. It can be completely free, low cost or high cost, depending on how much you do and how much you shop. :) Today we went there with Dawnie and Mason, Jen (Dawnie's sister) and Kayli (her niece). We went the low cost route. We did the pony ride ($3), but skipped going into the petting zoo and just wandered around the outside looking at the animals. We fed the ducks and fish, had lunch at the bakery and wandered a couple cute shops. It was a GORGEOUS day out too.

Thanks for all your comments and advice on my post about my hardly perfect little family. Very helpful. We are doing our best and, I suppose, that's all anyone can really do. I love when I capture the joy on my kids' faces. I took this picture yesterday morning and Ian was playing peekaboo from behind me to make the kids smile. I love that I captured Weston mid-laugh.
My cowboy is getting to be a pro at pony rides. He must be spoiled. ;) His horse was named George. He loved that. He told me he was going to a meeting on George.
This was just a minute after the donkey brayed disturbingly loudly at us. Weston freaked out, but I reminded him that he was just talking to us and then Weston reluctantly released his vice grip on my shoulders.
Weston and Kayli checking out the carp in the little river. They were having fun running around in circles and laughing on this little deck. I swear running around in circles and falling down laughing is the universal language of kids.

3 comments:

Tasha said...

You are seriously so good at going on outtings. I don't usually get out more than once or twise a week. I guess that has to do that I don't have a car very much, but still I don't know that I would be as good as you. Way to keep your boys entertained! You are such a good Mom.

Tasha said...

PS and I just commented on your tuff Weston post.

AllisonDacia said...

Your boys are so cute. I just cant get over it.

BTW, I know Weston loves capes... on of my friends in CA makes capes. Here is her site if you might want a personalized one :)

http://bubbadoodle.blogspot.com/