Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Monday-Departures? and FHE

I got a little lazy with the pictures on Monday for some reason. We went to the big pool Monday morning and had a really fun time swimming. I even took Davin in the pool for the first time and he loved it, but I didn't get any pics, so we will have to do it again before the end of the summer. Anyway, after showering and eating lunch I took Dad and Jules to the airport to catch their flights back to CA. Unfortunately I didn't have my cell phone on me and when I got home I found out that their flight was delayed 4 hours, so Mom went back to the airport to pick them up. I thought it was kind of nice having them with us that evening for dinner and FHE. Long story short, their flight ended up being cancelled and they were put up at the Crystal Inn for another night and didn't get out of Salt Lake until 10am Tuesday!

We had a really fun FHE. We talked about prophets and then we all picked a prophet and made a paper bag puppet of them. We went around and told what prophet we picked and a little bit about that prophet, then sang "Follow the Prophet". It was a big success.

Here is Weston with all of our prophets. He is pointing to his on the end. He picked President Monson (surprisingly) and drew the face mostly by himself.
From L-R: President Hinckley, Lehi, Nephi, Joseph (and the coat of many colors), Moses and President Monson.

2 comments:

Glen & Kat said...

What a cute idea...man, I'm going to have to start getting creative all too soon.

joyous said...

love it!! I'm totally using that idea. :)