Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Tuesday-2 Buck Tuesday

I wanted to take Weston to the Museum of Ancient Life at Thanksgiving Point (aka, the Dinosaur Museum), but it's kind of expensive, so I found out that on Tuesdays in August all venues at Thanksgiving Point are only $2. Well, I underestimated the cheapness and vastness of the Mormon culture in Utah County. We showed up about 20 minutes after the museum opened and discovered that I had vastly underestimated the power of 2 Buck Tuesday. There was a line out the door and around the entire building to get into the Dinosaur Museum. It was a madhouse. We decided that it was not worth it to try to get in, so we went to the little Farm there instead since it was slightly less crowded.

It was still pretty crazy but we had a good time. Weston got his second pony ride in a week and he fed the goats. Grandma bought him a new cowboy hat, a little sheep and a cute tractor/dump truck, which he has been inseparable from ever since.

After the farm we grabbed some lunch then went to visit an old friend of my Mom's in Highland. Weston fell asleep in the car on the way home, which is usually the kiss of death, but amazingly I got him from the car to his bed without waking him up, so it was fine. That night Grandma B babysat while Ian and I went to the temple. Thanks Mom!

Grandma B with Weston checking out the baby chicks. They were so adorable.
Weston with the big dairy cow replica. The Farm is sponsored by Meadow Gold Dairy, so there are some exhibits about how milk is made inside.
Weston poking a goat in the nose.
This was pretty much Davin on all of our outings-smiling and playing with linkadoos in the stroller or sleeping in the stroller. He is such a great baby.
Weston on pony ride #2. He is so grown up riding without me walking with him!

Weston was getting tired and a little cranky by the time we left, but I really wanted a picture of him in his new cowboy hat, so lets pretend this is his tough guy face and not his bratty 2 year old face. :)

No comments: