Sunday, August 31, 2008

Field Trip

Well, my week of potty training is over, but my potty training experience is far from over. Weston overall did really great with learning to use the potty this past week. He has had at least one accident every single day, but I figure eventually he will have fewer and fewer. I was so excited because on Friday he finally pooped in the toilet! Hurrah! Before that he had only pooped once and it was in his pants. I was unbelievably proud. We went out for ice-cream to celebrate on Friday night. The joy was short lived though when he pooped in his pants again on Saturday AND Sunday mornings. Heavy sigh. We still have a long way to go. We have resumed our outing schedule and he has not had an accident while we have been out. He even made it through church today with no accidents.

Saturday morning we decided to drive out to the Kennecott copper mine to see the monster machines from Daddy's show. It was a pretty gorgeous day, so the drive was nice. The mine is seriously amazing. I can't believe it used to be a mountain. We had a fun time checking out the ginormous dump trucks and running around the visitors center pushing buttons to show how copper is used in electricity and a bunch of other stuff. We came home and had a picnic on the rug in the living room. Saturday afternoon Weston and I grocery shopped. I was exhausted by the end of the day. I feel like I'm out of shape from not doing outings all this week. Lame. Anyway, so far it's been a nice weekend and I am so looking forward to having Ian home again tomorrow. Woohoo! It is supposed to be cold and stormy tomorrow, so the plan is to do a little shopping/playing at the mall and watch movies at the house. My week is going to fly by since Monday will be an extension of the weekend and then Saturday we leave for Portland! Wow. This summer is officially over. It went by way too fast.

This is Weston right after he pooped in the potty. He was very proud of himself and saved it to show Dad when he got home from work a few minutes later. We spared you a more graphic picture of the real deal. Don't you love his Bob the Builder toilet seat and his cup of juice on the counter? :)
Ian and Weston at the mine looking out the big windows from the visitors center.
Weston turning on the lights in the buildings.
"Driving" the really old mining car.
Showing you all how big the tire of the ginormous dump truck really is.Me and Dav looking cool in our sweet shades. He looks cool anyway.
Check out the mine behind us. It is really deep and so huge. I thought it was really awesome.

12 comments:

Shewi128 said...

I have to say.. I'm pretty much not excited to have kids and start potty training. Good for you being positive though. :) Too bad we're not still in Portland to hang out with you guys!

Jessica said...

I still remember the potty training days!! Just remember that eventually the light bulb does go on eventually and then hallelujah!!

The Curnow Family said...

That looked like such a fun day trip! I can't believe how big that tire was!!

Anonymous said...

Well, Shannon, if he pooped once, chances are good he'll do it again:-) I love the Copper Mine video and can't wait to share it with the science teachers at school. . which sadly, is tomorrow. I'm glad you had a good weekend and Weston is on his potty training way. He'll be an absolute pro by the time he gets here in October;-)

Jenny said...

i love the look on weston's face! so cute. i am not looking forward to potty training.

Tasha said...

That is a cute family picture at the bottom. Weston was just missing his glasses. :) I am glad things are going pretty good with the potty training. Hopefully the pooping thing in his pants will end soon. They do get it eventually. Just keep hanging in there!!

Kim said...

You are such a fun mom! I love the picture of Weston and the big tire!!

Plewe Fam said...

I love reading your entries. We are going through the SAME potty party at our house - we need to talk and motivate each other!!

Tara said...

Yay for poop!

We went to the copper mine when Tiffany was here. It is cool, huh? Justin's dad used to work there. He used to change those huge tires. Pretty crazy!

Erica said...

Shannon, This is such a cute blog. I love the fun candor in your writing. I'm looking forward to many more posts!

Glen & Kat said...

Have so much fun in Portland...I'm sad we're not there at the same time this year. We're not going for Christmas for sure now b/c Glen's little bro is getting married in Boston 2 days after. I guess we'll have to try again next year.

Katie and Bryson said...

Oh my, have we had some adventures on the potty training front as well. Ella is right there too. Maybe she will be wearing diapers to kindergarten...we'll see! Hang in there.