Monday, August 4, 2008

Like Sands Through the Hourglass . . .

Ok, no specific title here because I really have no idea what direction this post is going. I have been in the weirdest (not good) moods lately. I think that my hormones are shifting once again because . . . (trumpets please) I'm done breastfeeding! The downside to the end of breastfeeding is that my arthritis is making a comeback and my personality doesn't do well with chronic pain. (for those of you who didn't know, I have had rheumatoid arthritis since Sept. '03). I went to the rheumatologist today and got some meds, so hopefully they will kick in asap.

In the meantime we have not been doing much. We had a pretty fun weekend. Friday night we hung out with the Burton's and watched Flight of the Conchords into the wee hours of the night. Saturday we (meaning Ian) worked around the house and then went to a BBQ party at Ian's boss's house. It was lots of fun to visit in an informal setting and there were about 10 diggers for Weston to play with in the playground (yes they literally have a playground in their backyard).

I am supposed to be mopping the kitchen floor at the moment, but Davin just barely fell asleep and Weston is napping and I really want to have a break. I'd rather have Weston "help" me mop than do it right now. Otherwise I can't have a second of quiet while trying to put together a coherent post. Weston is an extreme chatterbox and it is literally NEVER quiet unless he is sleeping or pooping. I know that sounds weird, but take my word for it, I know when he's pooping because I don't see or hear him for about 10 minutes (he likes a private spot).

I am anxiously awaiting the arrival of my mother Wednesday morning. What really gets me is that she is in UT already, but she's at her sister's and not here yet. Sigh. Anyway, then this weekend my Dad and little sister are flying in and my other little sis and her hubby are driving down from Rexburg. I am SO looking forward to their visit. It will be so nice to have the company and do fun things together. I'm just hangin in there until they come to be with me. I will have lots to post about later in the week, so stay tuned.

9 comments:

joyous said...

Hey, I'm sorry to hear that the arthritis is making its comeback. Glad you got the drugs going again. :) It was fun chatting with you today, hang in there for one more day and the fun will begin. Love ya!

Katie and Bryson said...

Yay for a new blog!!! We just started this whole thing recently and I am already wasting a huge amount of time blogging :) I'm glad you found us and your boys are adorable!!!

Mel said...

glad you are back! love the updates! hope those meds kick in for you soon too! i am done breastfeeding as well. it's great! good luck with stuff! and don't feel bad taking a break instead of mopping! you need it!

Heather, Rick and Savannah said...

Shannon,

Wow! I am so glad that you found our blog so I could find yours! It has been so long and I can't believe you are a family of 4! Congratulations! (Can I possibly use any more exclamation points here?) Your boys are seriously cute. By the way, if you find out how to handle those super-duper temper tantrums, let me know. Savannah isn't even 2 yet and we are in the thick of it!

heather said...

i LOVE flight of the concords! I own the season on dvd! The night we had wendy we were supposed to go to a free F.O.T.C. show at amoeba music in L.A. instead, our friends got us a signed poster "to wendy, happy zero birthday" -jemaine. "welcome to the world wendy lou!" -bret. It's in her baby book.

Anonymous said...

I'll be there quickly. Hang in there. We have lots to do. I hope you're going to feel well. There's a quilt shop in Sandy I want to try :-) I'm so sorry your arthritis is kicking up again. Is is worse than after Weston?? It sort of sounds like it. I'll be there soon and we'll start spending all my gift certificates :-) Can't wait!

I love you, Mom

The Curnow Family said...

We're coming! We're coming!! I'm so ready to have a break and not be at work! Minus at the theme park I'll be on my feet all day, but it will be fun! I'm so excited to see everyone! And I'm sorry about you being in pain.. I know you're a big baby when it comes to it so drug up sister! Love you!

Glen & Kat said...

How fun to have a mini family reunion. Sad that the arthritis is back. Glen & I were just reminiscing on Sunday night when just the 2 of us were playing a game after Kaden went to bed...remember when we used to go to church, take a nap and then have dinner/game night EVERY Sunday with Ian & Shannon...those were good times.

Tasha said...

No fun about the arthritis, but hopefully the meds will kick in. I wouldn't do so well with the pain either. I am not a pain person. I hear ya with the hormones. I am sorry for everyone that has to be around me lately. I am just a mess a lot. (the bummer is seem to get very grouchy with this pregnancy. It can't be fun for everyone . .. or me for that matter.) Fun that your family is coming though!!! I woudl be very excited about that too. Infact, that should mean that she is there with you today! YEAH FOR THAT!!! Have fun with your Mom and everyone else this weekend :)