I finally got the CD with all the pictures from our Oregon trip on it, but I just don't feel like sifting through it and posting a bunch of pictures tonight. I will work on that one tomorrow. Tonight I have been thinking about how much I love old movies. My Grandma and Grandpa Snowball were famous for owning hundreds of movies. Many of them oldies. We pretty much always watched a movie whenever we went to their house. I fell in love with several of them. Here is a list of my favorite old movies. If you haven't seen them, then get yourself to Blockbuster (or the library) pronto!
In no particular order . . .
1. High Society-with Grace Kelly, Bing Crosby, and Frank Sinatra
2. Most Shirley Temple movies, but I especially love Heidi.
3. Meet Me in St. Louis-with Judy Garland (I just picked this one up from the library to watch later when the kiddos are asleep)
4. Singin' in the Rain-with Gene Kelley and Debbie Reynolds
5. Charade-with Cary Grant and Audrey Hepburn
6. Seven Brides for Seven Brothers
7. Pillow Talk-with Doris Day and Rock Hudson
8. White Christmas-with Bing Crosby and Rosemary Clooney
9. Gone With the Wind
10. Roman Holiday-with Audrey Hepburn and Gregory Peck
How To Develop Value-Based Spending Habits
3 years ago
14 comments:
I love every movie on your list!! I should own every movie on your list too. Those are great ones. Let's curl up and watch a few of them when you are here. I just counted. Actually, I own six of the ten. I'll work on the other four ;-) Love you!!
That would be me. . .mom!
Love Pillow Talk! Old movies are so fun.
Hey! You stole my list. :) Just kidding. I think I have watched at least four of those in the last three months. I think I need to own High Society though. Last night I watched a special on Fred Astaire. It was so fun to see so many of his high lights! And it was hosted by Audrey Hepburn. Thanks for the trip down memory lane!
I'll have to watch the others...because Singin' in the Rain and Meet Me in St. Louis are both on my personal list. Well, and the Shirley Temples are always great. (Thinking about that, maybe I should introduce those to my girls...) Anyway--thanks for the list!
Growing up we loved "Court Jester", "Seven Brides for Seven Brothers" and "Arsenic and Old Lace." I'll still get together with my dad and sisters and watch these!
I think almost all of those are on my top list too. There were a couple I have not sceene yet though. Need to get those from Netflix. I sure do love old movies too. What good grandparents we have to install this upon us! And now on Sundays if my boys want to watch a movie I only okay old ones (for the most part or church ones). I want them to grow up loving the old movies too!
I LOVE old movies too! I've never seen pillow talk, and I don't love Gone with the Wind (but haven't seen it in forever, so I could now!). Seriously, High Society is awesome. As are every single Shirley Temple (I recently watched a bunch of clips on YouTube, it was happy). I LOVE Meet Me in St. Louis. I keep telling JEremy he needs to see Singin In The Rain ... I've been training him to love musicals. His favorites are Fiddler on the Roof and Music Man (both of which he's getting for his birthday next week--hooray!)
I think Grandma Snowball really is the culprit here! :)
Charade is one of my favorites. As is Arsenic and Old Lace. I just love Cary Grant.
I really need to work through that list... I'm kinda ashamed at how few of those I've seen.
I ADORE High Society. I always had such a crush CK Dexter Haven. What stud.
Looks like I need to check out some old flicks from the library!... thanks for the list!
I love old movies too, I love High Society, it's my favorite old movie!! I totally remember that when we little, so fun!
i'm embarassed i haven't seen any of those. ive never taken the time to watch old movies....but i really should. im going to have to save your list. :)
Post a Comment