Friday, January 15, 2010

Screaming Deal

I just have to share/gloat . . .
I have mentioned Target in the past, right? Oh yes, I have. Anyway, I went there today with both kids to get some stuff for Weston's Star Wars birthday party that's coming up soon. Last time I was there they had a bunch of toys on sale, so I decided to swing through that aisle again. Totally worth it. Everything was now 75% off. I got Davin's birthday all wrapped up for $16.66. Regular price his presents would have cost $66.98. Go me. He did see them, but he'll forget by the end of March. Weston wasn't even an ounce jealous because he was so excited about his party and the stuff we got for it. One of Davin's birthday presents a Fisher Price Little People ride on toy . . . $9.18

Davin has been a major pill the last few days. He screamed most of the time we were at Target. I was embarrassed. My kids are usually exceptionally well behaved. Sigh. It could be that he never finished his antibiotic when he was throwing up and therefore he still has an ear infection. Possibly. I'm going to just wait it out though since we already have a doctor's appointment scheduled for early next week.

Since Davin has been a little cranky lately he has also been mostly waking up crying. I think. Our baby monitor is completely shot. I took the one in our room out because it mostly just shut off randomly and didn't work anyway. I ordered a new monitor off Amazon a few days ago. I was bummed because it said it wasn't going to be delivered until early February!!! However, it came today! I'm so excited to have a monitor that works. :) It was a really good deal too.

Weston is so excited for his birthday. He, of course, wants it to be today. Instead we are going to order a pizza for dinner and watch some of Dad's new Star Wars movies tonight. Should be fun. I also need to get crackin' on my Christmas thank you's. We don't have anything planned for this weekend though, so hopefully I will make some good progress.

6 comments:

Jared and Delia said...

Sweet deals! Our walmart had great clearance this time of year LAST year but this year they just marked everything back up. Chinzy huh?

joyous said...

Good work, Shannon!!! You are the "Deal Queen"!! I'm sure Davin and Weston are going to have awesome birthdays this year!!

Liz Smith said...

amazon is so great! they never cease to amaze me with their products and how quick they are with their shipping.

great job on those deals! i love a good sale! :)

Mom said...

I think getting Davin great presents for under $20 bucks is amazing. You are my hero!! Congrats!! Fun talking to you not once, but twice today!! AND you were quite helpful both times ;-) Love ya!

Anonymous said...

I'm impressed...go you! I may have to hit Target tomorrow for Zander's birthday presents since they have such great markdowns. And good luck with Weston's birthday party! I usually stress myself out planning my kids' parties but it always ends up being worth it!

Tasha said...

I LOVE good deals! WAHOOO!!!