Monday, January 25, 2010

Storm Trooper

Weston's birthday week has officially begun! Today when he got home from school he had a birthday card to open from his great Grandma & Papa Squire. They sent him some birthday money and he immediately knew what to do with that. He wanted to go to the store that second. First off he said "I want to go to DI!" I laughed and told him we could go to the toy store where they had more toys. He decided that was an ok alternative to DI.

I had a super productive day today. After I dropped Weston off at school I came home and made my grocery list and rotated the laundry. Then Davin and I did some shopping. Walmart for groceries and party food. Then Zurchers (the party store) for additional party stuff. I am a lame-o and didn't count my own 2 children in the birthday party head count. Also everyone we invited is coming, so we are going to have more kids than I was really planning on. Oh well. I'm sure it will be fun for all. :) I did need some more treat bags though. Anyway, we came home and put the groceries away then went and got Weston from school.

The kids both took great naps! Woohoo! While they slept I rotated and folded laundry, baked Amish friendship bread (and let me tell you it is SO yummy!), cleaned the bathrooms, cleaned the stove, emptied the dishwasher, weeded out all my old magazines that there's no chance I will get to, painted the first coat on the baseball soon-to-be Death Star pinata, and looked for Star Wars character pictures online. It was quite the afternoon. When Weston woke up we watched Jungle Book together. It was fun to snuggle with him without interruptions or feeling like there was something else I should be doing.

Ian knew he was going to be working late, so we decided we would get dinner and take it to Daddy's work. We ate together and then Ian came with us and we all went to the toy store. Weston had fun looking around and trying to decide what to spend his money on. He ended up picking out a Storm Trooper dress-up outfit, one of those robot arms that's like a claw, and a little cheap plastic cement mixer truck. Thanks to our Toys R Us Birthday Club coupons it all cost less than $20.

When we got home, after dropping Ian back at work, I let Weston put on his new Storm Trooper suit (as he calls it). Someone is in love. He just thinks he's the coolest and he was extra excited when I told him he could wear the outfit for his Star Wars party on Saturday. I am impressed with how well the costume fits him and with it's quality. It is thicker than most outfits like that and has velcro up the back rather than the tie string. Isn't he the cutest Storm Trooper you ever did see???
Not to be left out is the little brother who wanted his picture taken too. You can see Weston's other toys in the background. It was certainly a fun kickoff to birthday week! Thanks for funding the toy shopping trip G&G Squire!!!

10 comments:

Jared and Delia said...

Yay...how fun! That costume is pretty cool. Good choice Weston. His party sounds like it is going to be so fun!

P.S. I added the lettuce wrap recipe to the bottom of my sunday letters post.

Liz Smith said...

awww....he's so cute!!! i hope he has a great birthday and that the party goes smoothly. :)

Mom said...

Weston looks great!! (So does Davin!) Has Weston's B-day presents arrived yet. I got the e-mail that they were shipped. Let me know. Have a happy B-day week.

Alexis said...

I have to say that I am SERIOUSLY impressed by your productivity. I need lessons.

joyous said...

That is the coolest storm trooper I've ever seen!!! I love that he'll get to wear it to his birthday party too. What a lucky kid. :) Thanks for calling tonight, it was really nice to chat. I love you tons. Give the boys an extra squeeze from Auntie Joy!

Unknown said...

Shannon! Super congrats on your super productive day! You really DID get a ton accomplished! Good luck hosting the party. I'm sure it'll be a smashing success from all your detailed preparation. I can already tell the boys are going to have a blast!

Kate said...

We have the cheapie version of that storm trooper costume :)
Sounds like he's going to have an awesome birthday!

Tasha said...

That is an awesome storm trooper costume!! My boys are going to just die of jealousy when they see it. SO FUN!! Happy Birthday week :)

Emilee said...

A Death Star pinata? You're the coolest mom ever.

Chris and Jenn Roundy said...

Cute costume! I'm super impressed with your productivity! I love days when you get a lot done. I want to see pictures of this Death Star pinata when it's done. It sounds really fun!