Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Christmas Celebrating

The boys finished up school on Friday before Christmas and that night we had our 4th annual Bowles/Bayles/Wilson Christmas Singalong Party.  It was a long day leading up to it since I had to grocery shop and clean the house. As soon as Weston got home from school we went to meet up with the Green's at the dino museum. 

Talia was being super whiny from the start even though she had a nap. It was still fun to catch up with the Green's and let the kids play. When it was time to leave the erosion table though I noticed Talia had gotten herself all wet.  I thought it was from splashing in the water, but then I realized she had peed all over herself. She was soaked. We left, drove through JCW's for dinner, then headed home to eat and get Talia cleaned up.

Ian came home and we set up for the party and Ian made wassail. It was so fun to hang out with our friends and sing some Christmas songs.  I was still kind of coughing and didn't have much of a voice, but I managed to sing a few songs. Mostly I just played the piano.  Ian helped accompany on the guitar a little bit this year too, which was also nice. The kids played and were pretty good and we finally got to eat the Wilson's peppermint ice cream cake! We are so lucky to have such great friends.
Friday night when we finally went to bed around midnight I was exhausted and cold. I had a hard time warming up and getting to sleep. Then I woke up in the early morning hours feeling nauseous. Talia woke up extra early and I felt so sick I couldn't get back to sleep, so I got up and took some medicine and ate a few crackers. I went back to bed for awhile and felt awful. It only got worse through the day. By mid morning I was pretty sure I had come down with the flu. My whole body hurt. My skin and hair hurt. I thought I was going to throw up, but I didn't. I had a fever and chills and a headache. I couldn't move.

Ian took care of the kids all morning, fed them lunch and then took the big ones sledding for a couple of hours. All while I rested. As soon as he and the kids got back from sledding (which they all loved) I headed to Instacare. I was diagnosed with the flu and got a prescription for Tamiflu. I was really hoping I would feel better by Christmas!



I won't go into any more sickie details, but the Tamiflu did it's job and I felt a little better every day. By Christmas I was almost 100%. Ian was a total rockstar taking care of me and the kids while I was down and out. He took the big ones to church on Sunday while I stayed home with Beckett and rested. I almost forgot to put Talia in her Christmas dress! Luckily I had enough energy to get her dressed and do her hair. The boys were on their own, but they looked presentable and even matched their ties. :) Beckett ate lunch with me and was being extra cute while the others were at church.
Sunday afternoon was long since everyone was tired and I couldn't do anything to help them. I got up and made dinner because I was finally not nauseous so I was hungry! I made chicken pot pie the easy way. It tasted so good. While dinner was in the oven Talia fell asleep on Ian. We were trying to keep her awake, but Ian didn't want to ruin the moment. Aww.
Monday I continued to take it easy, but unfortunately Ian had to go to work. It was supposed to only be for a few hours in the morning, but it turned into all day. Weston and Davin were good helpers and we all survived. I was glad when Ian got home though. We were all getting excited for Christmas!!!

1 comment:

elizabeth said...

Love the sledding video!! Also, the Talia asleep on Ian's shoulder! Sweet!