Once we started getting ready for Christmas it was time to get ready for another fun event. Talia turned 3 last Thursday. She had a super fun birthday and it was a fun day doing all of her favorite things. The night before her birthday I went to the party store and got some decorations and balloons. Talia LOVES balloons. Her face was priceless when she woke up in the morning and saw the kitchen all decked out for her special day.
She loved opening all her "mail" too. She was really attached to her blue birthday card that cousin Ivy drew for her. She carried it around for days until she accidentally ripped it.She requested a "shortcut" (aka haircut) for her birthday, so I made her a hair appointment at Cookie Cutters for that morning. We went and got a "shortcut" and the girl did her hair all cute. Talia was so good and loved the attention. She also got a blue balloon and a blue sucker. Can't beat that. After her haircut she requested McDonald's. I had to stop by the post office and get all my Christmas packages in the mail, but then we headed to lunch at her favorite place. She got a little furby toy in her happy meal and only ate the apples and juice, but I didn't bug her about it because it was her birthday. :)
After lunch we went home and let everyone nap. I let Talia open one of her birthday presents so we could use it. It was The Little Mermaid. She and Davin watched it with me. I hadn't seen it in so long and the kids hadn't ever seen it before, so it was fun to watch it with them. I forgot how scary it gets at the end. That Ursula is quite the villain!
Ian came home from work early and we headed out for Talia's birthday bowling. We went to Jack and Jill's in Lehi. It's a nice bowling alley and we got pizza for dinner there. We all had fun and I had a good game and broke 100! Yay! We only played one game then went home for cupcakes and presents. We FaceTimed with Grandma Denny while Tal opened her presents from her and Papa. She loves her new Little People princesses and her new clothes. Thanks! Tal opened a couple other gifts from us then it was finally time for those cupcakes she had been asking for all day!
Talia was so cute when we were singing to her. She liked feeling special. She blew out her candles like a champ and then ate only the top of her cupcake like a three year old. Haha. By the time we were done with cupcakes it was time for bed. It had been a long, fun day. I am so glad Talia enjoyed her birthday. We love her so much. She is full of sass, but can be so sweet too. I am grateful to be her mom.










1 comment:
what a fun birthday! Love how you kept it family. I agree Ursula is terrifying! But we watch it anyway!
Post a Comment