Saturday, December 7, 2013

So You Think You Can Dance!

I'm not a big reality TV person. I don't watch The Bachelor or American Idol or Biggest Loser.  I do, however, love watching So You Think You Can Dance every summer.  I think it's such a fun show with so many talented dancers and choreographers. I love seeing all the interesting routines on the show. Every year after the show the top 10 dancers go on tour in the Fall.

I had kind of forgotten about the tour. Then about two weeks before it came to Salt Lake there was a Living Social deal for tickets to the tour show! I really wanted to go but it was during a really busy week for Ian at work so he wasn't going to be able to commit to going with me. I decided if I could find someone to go with me then I would do it. My friend, Brittany, said she wanted to, so we bought tickets and went together. It was SO fun!
We had to pick up our tickets at will call, so we went early and got them, then went to dinner before going in and finding our seats.  We had a nice, long dinner at Costa Vida. It was good to have some girl time to chat. Then we parked and walked in. Our seats looks really far away on the seating chart but they ended up being really great. We could see perfectly! We had a little time to kill before the show started, but there wasn't a whole lot to do. Luckily we were pretty happy to just talk.

The show itself was really good. I was impressed. They had some video clips of the producer and choreographers talking about their work then the dancers performed some pieces from the season and some new pieces.  My favorites were the Fountain of Youth dance with the top 6 girls and the Bellhop dance with Fikshun and Amy. The whole show was really great though. I'm so glad I was able to go!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

that sounds really awesome! glad you could treat yourself to such a fun guilty pleasure!