Thursday, December 19, 2013

Out and About

Last Saturday we had a couple of events at the same time. It was our ward Christmas breakfast and Weston's buddy, Makenzie's, baptism at the same time. I told Weston he could choose what he wanted to do. He decided he really wanted to go to Kenzie's baptism. That morning Ian took Talia and Davin to the ward party and I took Weston and Beckett to the baptism. It was a really nice morning and Weston and I both felt good about supporting our friends. Weston is such a good boy and so mature for his age. He sat reverently by himself for most of it since I was letting Beckett roam between the baptism and confirmation. Afterwards we had lunch with the Matagi clan. It was a fun time. 
It's so weird though that we will be doing this with Weston in just a couple of short months! Makenzie's mom, Tara, lived across the hall from me in the dorms at BYU and we were really good friends. We have stayed connected over the years and have a lot in common family-wise since all four of each of our kids were born within a few months of each other. It's just bizarre that we are already old enough to have kids getting baptized! Good bizarre. :)

Meanwhile at the ward breakfast Ian played his guitar for the singing portion of the program, which was really nice. After the nativity and singing Santa made an appearance. Talia was pretty excited to see him. She still talks about how he gave her a candy cane but it broke so she had to go back to ask him for another one. She also thought that was Christmas and was disappointed that Santa hadn't given her a Boo doll.  I explained that he was just visiting and that Christmas was still a couple weeks away. Ian got some cute pics of the kids. I was a little bummed to miss the ward party again this year, but from what I heard it came together really well.
After the baptism I stopped in to drop off a baby gift and chat with my cousin, Kim, since I was so close to her neighborhood already, and I hadn't seen her new baby girl who was born in September! It was a long overdue visit and I couldn't really stay long, but I'm so glad I popped over! We will have to make plans to hang out again soon.

By the time I got home it was lunch time. Ian wanted to take the big kids to the Planetarium one more time before our passes expire, so after they ate a quick lunch they all headed out. I really enjoyed the quiet house and got it all cleaned up while they were out. Ian and the kids had a fun time at the Planetarium. They saw a movie about trains, got popcorn, and played with all of the exhibits. I will have to keep an eye out for a great deal on the membership again because it was a lot of fun to have!

No comments: