I mentioned earlier that my mom came to visit on our anniversary, but I didn't get into much detail beyond that. Well, we had a super fun visit with her! She came Friday night late. Saturday morning she and I went and had lunch with our buddy Natalie at Kneaders. Mom did her Christmas shopping at their boutique area too. It was way fun to have some girl time. That afternoon/evening Mom watched the kiddos while Ian and I went out. They had so much fun!
Mom and Mel made sugar cookies with them. Well, with the big boys after the little ones went to bed. Beckett was a grouch the whole weekend. Sunday Mel and Brad came over for dinner and then we all decorated the sugar cookies. I love doing that. We also opened some Christmas presents and Talia got to open her birthday presents. Grandma B made us super soft flannel pillow cases. Talia got framed photos of her trip to Disneyland with Grandma B. They are so cute. I just hung them up in her room this week and I'm so glad we have them to look at. Thanks Mom!
Monday was kind of a mellow day. That afternoon we went to the dino museum (minus Beckett who was napping), which is always a good time. We also worked on a Christmas craft. We made this adorable ribbon wreath. It was right up my crafting alley since I didn't have to sew anything. :)
We watched White Christmas while we made our wreaths. It was a fun start to the holiday season! Tuesday morning we got up and got ready to take Mom to Farmington and drop her off with Auntie B for the last day of her trip. Unfortunately there was a big accident right as we were getting on the freeway and it ended up taking almost 3 hours to get up to Farmington instead of 45 minutes. Thank goodness for screens and Beckett napping!
I am always sad to see my mom leave, but I'm so glad she was able to come up and visit with us. I love the time we get to spend together and the kids love to play with Grandma.


No comments:
Post a Comment