Weston got to participate in his first year of Cub Scout Day Camp this year. He had such a blast! I felt like such a slacker mom since I forgot to set my alarm on the first day. Luckily Weston is super responsible and was up, dressed, had already eaten breakfast, and was brushing his teeth when I scrambled out of bed to get him out the door. He had to be at camp at 7am, so it was pretty early. Unfortunately the weather took a nose dive that week and it was chilly and rainy. Fortunately the rain held off (for the most part) until the later afternoons so Weston only got sprinkled on a little bit.
He had so much fun doing all of the activities. His favorite things were archery, bb gun shooting, holding a golden eagle, and making the crafts. The first day he came home with this PVC pipe sword and a shield.
That afternoon the kids all played dress up. Talia even asked to wear her princess dress! I bought her the dress over a year and a half ago. It's a size 2T. She would never let me put her in it. She always chose to dress up in her brothers' Thor or Spiderman costumes instead. I almost gave the dress to DI a couple of weeks ago, but I was so glad I hadn't when she asked me to put it on her. She only wore it for about 20 minutes before complaining it was itchy and taking it off. It barely fit. She also said she was "the bad princess." Sigh. I still loved that she wore it. Crazy girl. Her brother, Weston, is so sweet to her and they had a fun afternoon.



1 comment:
Weston reminds me of Joy who got herself up, dressed, bed made, and breakfasted for Kindergarden everyday after I had Julianna. I'm glad that Talia wore her dress at least once before the DI bin!! I would love to have watched her play being the bad princess. . .
Post a Comment