We have had a busy long weekend. We started building the fence on Thursday night. Friday was Ian's 27th bithday, so I let him spend the entire day working on the fence. He loved it. :) He actually did enjoy working on it and seeing it come together. Luckily we had some help (THANKS ALANN!). At dinner time Ian's parents and his sister, Aly, arrived from OR/Rexburg to spend the weekend. We ordered pizza and had cake and opened presents.

Here is the birthday boy looking pretty dirty and tired opening his new 1GB something card for his phone. I don't know, I just got what was on his list. :) He also got a couple movies, a new belt, grill brush and money to go towards one of the items on his expensive toys list.

Aunt Aly playing with Davin during the birthday fesitivies.

Here is what the boys got done on Friday morning. They got all the posts cemented in and did the beams.

On Saturday they again got an early start. This time they also had the help of Ian's dad and Weston. The girls+Davin went shopping for wedding stuff (Aly is getting married in Sept.). We were very successful, finding a mother of the bride dress, Aly's getaway dress (for $10 no less!), bridesmaid shoes and doing some scouting for jewelery and groomsman ties. While we were gone, the boys were also very successful in making good progress on the fence.

Here is the almost finished product. It still needs latches on the gates and to be stained, but it looks amazing and makes the backyard seem so much nicer all private and fenced in. I love it and I'm hoping it will up our property value (or at least the curb appeal).

Here it is from the front yard. Doesn't it look great?!?

Saturday night we all went out to dinner for Ian's birthday at Olive Garden and then saw Batman. It was way too scary for me, but Ian loved it. Sunday morning we went over to the hotel Grandma and Papa were staying at and took a little dip in the pool (we hadn't had any other time to do it). Davin was a cutie pie and such a good boy all weekend and hanging out down at the pool was no exception.


Sunday afternoon/evening we grilled kabobs (kababs, if you've seen Flight of the Conchords) and then Jim had to leave to head back to Portland for work this week. We are bummed he couldn't stay longer but loved seeing him and appreciate all the help he gave us with the fence and for treating us to dinner and the movie! :) Anyway, later Grandma and Weston baked a little chocolate cake. Weston is the biggest nutter ever. I really don't know what to do with him sometimes. He was being Mr. Buckethead. What a dork. Davin, however was just being happy and adorable.


So things are settling back down this week. Grandma and Aly are with us until Wednesday . . . then they will be driving back to OR. In the meantime I am loving having the help around the house and with the boys. They are both so good with Weston and he loves having someone willing to play with him all the time.
20 comments:
Oh man, that looks like a lot of work. Putting up a fence is no small task. I'm sure the finished product was worth the work and a great birthday present for Ian!
I LOVE the picture of your boys on the sidebar. It is so sweet.
Wow that fence looks great! Good job Ian. Hopefully you had nice weather for the weekend. It's actually starting to feel like the "humid south" here! Love you all lots!
Wow, that fence looks awesome. Happy Birthday Ian! I actually meant to say something earlier. I can usually remember his birthday since we came to NY to celebrate with him one year :) How fun to have family in town. Say hello for me.
Crap, your kids couldn't be any cuter. Seriously, I love the picture with the bucket! I am excited for us to start hanging out again post-house guests. Call me when you're free! (I'm free as of today) Also, the fence looks amazing!
Those pictures of Davin are so sweet. They make me involuntarily "Aww."
Wohoo!! The fence looks awesome. I can't wait to see it stained too! Looks like Ian had a fun birthday celebration with his family. What a crazy/fun/busy weekend. Enjoy your last couple days with Aly and Denny!
Your house looks like mine...projects, projects, projects. We are doing a fence here too - so nice to get them done, though. Your kiddos are growing so fast! I love how different your boys look and both still equally handsome. We got the Owlz tickets with a deal from NAPA auto parts. They had a coupon and I don't know how often they do it each season, but it seemed like everyone knew about it. I know Tyler said you had to ask at the counter for the coupon, but yeah $1 - can't beat it.
yeah the name mispelling was just a typo i only have about 15 min before class starts and i don't usually stop to spell or grammar check before posting. But don't worry i fixed it.
Hey, I've also been meaning to tell you that Mason asks for Westin and Shinnin (Shannon) on a daily basis. I love it! We'll be doing something that reminds him of you guys and he says your names. Sometimes he even says Davin too. You are missed! I'm sorry we can't hang out tomorrow after your appointment, but if for some reason you needed to stay in the area for a little while after your appointment, I will probably be back from the movie around 4 at the latest. Let me know what you think. If you can't do that, then let's try to plan something on Thursday or Friday if you want. Let me know what you think. See ya!
SHANNON!!!!!!!!! I'm so excited you found me! I love reading about your life and you cute little family. Weston looks SO MUCH like you! And Davin is about the same age as my Wendy! Aren't they so fun?!
ps. The fence looks great! I know it feels so good to be productive.
Yeah! Happy Birthday! Aren't birthday's such fun??!! It looks like you guys had quite the party with family and that fence looks fantastic!
SOOO CUTE! Weston is such a crack up! Your boys are so adorable. And i'm glad the fence went well.
I cannot believe how adorable your cute little men children are getting...and Davin is getting so big!
Shannon, I read the comment you left on my blog, and I'm sorry you're having trouble getting Davin to sleep!! I don't have any advice, but I hope your pediatrician can help out! Every baby has their own issues. My Sydney sleeps at night but she has problems when it comes to nursing, so there's still stress there! Anyway, I enjoy reading about your family. Your kids are adorable, and you're always doing something fun!
So fun!! Happy be-lated Birthday Ian! I am glad you had a nice birthday and it was probably even nicer to have your own family come into town too. It sounded like a very nice weekend and I am sure turned out to be a nice week. It is nice to spend time with family. The fense looks AWESOME!! It really should up the value of the house and I love how nice it looks. I would love the privacy from it too. I am so impressed Ian it did it himself (with help) too!! VERY IMPRESSIVE!
oh my gosh those boys are getting so big!! I can't believe it! They are so cute and funny! I love you all and Happy Birthday ian! I'm so sorry I didn't call or anything! I should get better at Birthdays!
PS....I'm getting my shirt back... best be washed when I get there! haha
Hey Shan! I miss you guys, it has been a while! Sorry I took a big break from blogging so I'm just now reading this. Your fence looks incredible. I love it!! Hope your computer is all better soon!
Post a Comment