Thursday, July 10, 2008

What?!?

Could it be? Is it possible? Apparently, yes! I got a cute shot of both the boys smiling and looking relatively cute. Weston's hair could use a comb (this was post-nap), but other than that, this is a classic. I'm so excited.

Well, it has been just me and the boys again this week with Ian working late every night. Blah. Someday things will simmer down, in the meantime we will deal and hope for a nice big raise at his annual review later this month. I have been keeping fairly busy. We had friends over today to play, which was great fun. We all went to the park for free lunch and played in the pool. Tuesday night we went and had dinner with Ian at work and played guitar hero. Last night we had a water fight with the young women.

To be honest, and I still totally love Ian, I have enjoyed having quiet evenings. I started "The Host" finally and I am totally addicted. I can't put it down. I have been being super careful to make sure the boys nap at the same time so I can read. I don't even try when they are awake. I will probably stay up late finishing the book tonight.

So here's to good pictures, mostly happy kids and uninterrupted reading time.

9 comments:

Sarah said...

Hi-five on the great picture! Davin looks so much like Weston in this one.

I send my hugs about missing husbands busy at work. For two weeks John's flight starts early (ie 5:00am this week and next) and they get home at 5pm. But he's basically mentally asleep by 6pm, I'm lucky if I can shove dinner at him first. The two weeks of later start (10-noon) but I dread these weeks because he doesnt come home until close to midnight for both weeks. Totally stinks, we have time in the morning together, but he's usually getting ready for the days flights then leaves early to go help out in the flight room.

However, he only has 12ish more flight until Track select on Aug 11th(when they tell him which type of plane he will spend his career on) and then like a good month break before the next phase begins. By this time next year we will finally be at a base for atleast 3 years!

sara said...

Great picture indeed! I can't wait to start The Host. I haven't been able to get to the library yet to check it out so I'm hoping with going home this weekend I can borrow it! I'm glad to know you've liked it.

Tasha said...

Those are two fabulous things . . . a cute picture of your kids (together!) and good reading time. I loved the Host. Happy READING!!!!

PS The hardest time for me when Brian works late though is the late afternoon and evening of putting children to bed. It just seems to wear me out. Hope it doesn't last too long for you. but, enjoy your good reading time :)

Anonymous said...

That is so cute of the boys!! Good job, Miss Shannon. I enjoyed it while talking to Julianna on the phone. This is my last day at Joy's and Dad is coming tomorrow to come get me :-) I miss him and am excited for him to see his latest granddaughter. We are so lucky to have such adorable grandchildren :-) Keep up the good work.

Love, Mom

P.S. Can I borrow The Host in August?

AllisonDacia said...

Love how Weston has that cape on in all the pictures. Davin is so adorable!

joyous said...

I'm glad to hear that you liked the Host! I can't wait to read it too. Hope you guys have a good weekend. :)

Alexis said...

I happen to think the nap-mussed hair is one of the cutest things about that photo. Nice work.

Kat and Steve said...

Such a cute picture. I especially love the cape, it's a funny touch. I started reading The Host today and mostly I just think it's weird so far. Maybe I'll change my mind later in the book.

Glen & Kat said...

Cute picture. I love that Weston is wearing his cape :) And I'm jealous about The Host...it's sitting on my bookshelf just calling to me. Hopefully I'll have time to read it soon.