Yesterday Dawnie saved my life and came over with Chick-fil-a for lunch and peanut butter cheesecake (can you see why we're friends? :)) and hung out with me until almost dinner time. She also stayed here with Weston for a little bit while I ran Becca and Alann to the airport. I can't tell you how fun it was to have someone to talk to. Weston was pretty occupied with playing with Mason and we even went outside for awhile. I am ready to get back to our normal schedule and routine. I've decided that I've done almost as much as I can do this week. From here on out Weston will be in underwear at home and pull-ups when we go on outings, but I still want him to go on the potty while we are out. Another big props to Weston: he has woken up dry in the mornings and from naps every day this week. I still think he's too new to pottying to put him to sleep in underwear, but I think that it's a good sign that he is waking up dry.
I am excited about the long weekend with Ian home. Should be fun, even with the stormy weather we will be having. Hopefully we will have somewhere to watch the BYU game on Saturday. If not, then Ian will probably just listen to it on the radio. Oh joy. Anyway, here is a cute pic I took of the boys. They both ended up wearing orange shirts and blue bottoms on Wednesday. I thought they looked adorable.
7 comments:
Weston is doing so great! Owen had a hard time with #2 also. He would actually ask for a diaper so he could go poop. He grew out of that though even though it seemed like he never would!
Weston has engery pouring out of him! That picture is great. Keep up the good potty training!
Shannon, you are right, I will have to save that pic of Jarom for some joke when he's older, good idea!
Weston is doing totally great. Just keep encouraging him and he'll poop on there eventually. You are doing a great job, too, and I'm glad to hear you will be venturing out of the house again so we can get together!
I am sorry, but we can't watch the Cougs tomorrow because we have a show. I didn't realize the game wasn't until 4. We have a show at 5. Sorry, I hope you guys find somebody with cable!! I guess if you're desperate, you could still go watch it with Justin's grandparents. They would love it! haha
Your a trooper Shan. I really really am not looking forward to Payton eating "big kid" or adult like food. I can barely handle baby ceral and crackers pooh! Ugh! I'm such a baby. Keep up the hard work!
I'm terrified of potty training Annie! I'm impressed with all your effort and success . . . I'm thinking of just letting her potty train herself sometime before she's four with no effort on my part! :-) We'll see how that goes . . .
They are stinkin adorable!! And way to go Weston on doing better with potty training. it sounds to me that things are definatly coming along. Way to go! I don't think there is ANYTHING wrong with underwear at home and pull-ups when you are away until he really gets it down. Sounds smart to me:)
Shannon, you are doing awesome. Just keep at it. Weston is so smart and he will get the hang of it so quick. I am very often impressed by how smart he is! I had an awesome time on Thursday too. I hope you guys are enjoying or already enjoyed your cheesecake :) I am doing everything I can not to eat the rest in one sitting (probably 2 days worth of calories). I am going stir crazy here with Wynn. When he's awake, things are fine because I have someone to talk to, but he sleeps half the day because of his pain killers and I get really bored. I still want to hang out tomorrow if you're up for it. Let me know if you still want to. Good luck with potty training!
Post a Comment