We decided to do the Dinosaur Museum after all and just pay full price. It was worlds better than if we had tried to do it during 2 Buck Tuesday. Weston got to actually see and touch all the exhibits. He loved pushing any and all buttons, doing the
dino puzzle, making echo noises in the star corridor and seeing the human skeleton getting stepped on by the mammoth skeleton. It was a great museum and we will have to go back and play some more sometime. After the museum exhibits we had lunch in the little cafe, purchased the requisite dinosaur toy and headed home to watch Sesame Street for the first time in several days.
Tonight we are going to stay home and relax with a girl movie and some ice cream. We are trying to wind down from all our outings and adventures. Fun times with my Mom. We Olson's sure know how to play hard. It has been such a great visit and we will be sad (and exhausted) when Grandma B heads home tomorrow afternoon. Hope you enjoyed our little travelogue. I will begin catching up on all your blogs tomorrow night, oh wait, I am also going to be starting "Breaking Dawn" tomorrow night, but don't worry I bet I can get to both!
Here is Weston tickling the big huge dinosaur toes. I'm not sure what the deal is with that, but it sure makes us laugh.

Checking out the armored
dinos. Not sure why Weston thought a fishy face was good for this picture, but I appreciate my unique little man.

Working on putting together the
dino puzzle. He pretty much only played with this already-put-together head/neck piece.

Playing in the erosion exhibit. Basically they have sand and water and you can create dams and gorges and rivers to bury or uncover the little dinosaurs they have in there. Weston didn't get that at all, but had lots of fun digging in the sand with the little
dinos.
Woah. That's a big shark, right? Weston wanted to touch his teeth. Um, no.

On our way out of the museum Weston climbed on top of this little pile of rocks and showed us his muscles. He also has his new dinosaur toy in his hand. It was absolutely worth full price to not have to battle the huge crowds.
7 comments:
Thanks for all the fun times! Can't believe it's time to go home tomorrow!
Wow, it looks like you had a busy and fun visit. You're so good at going out and doing fun things. Kaden's fun consists of playing at a friend's house. Maybe I should look into some other options :)
Okay, that was seriously so fun!! I just scrolled down and read all your happening while your family was visiting. What a GREAT visit. You are so good to go do so many things and enjoy time all together. I just sat here reading and eating my popcorn. (Mmmm) So fun Shannon. I am glad you have had such a good family time!
Haha!! Weston is just too cute!!! I can't wait till our lil guy gets here! I know...the Olympics has saved me from being completely bored out of my mind! I guess I should enjoy all this relaxing time before he comes...and then I never get a moment of rest! ;-)
Awww! I love Weston's muscles. He's so darling. Mason and I miss you guys a lot. He asks for you both everyday still. I know I said I wouldn't give anything about the book away, but I should tell you that Mr. Echo dies... again ;) Sorry, I know that's a lame joke, but what can I say, I spend all my time with the king of lame jokes (Wynn of course). I hope you have fun reading. I'm looking forward to Momma Mia if we can. See ya soon!
Looks like you had a lot of fun with your mom! It was really fun to see her while she was here! Weston is so darling...
I'm glad you had so much fun!!! Also breaking dawn.... holy cow I know! So many turns huh? Glad your liking it.
Post a Comment