Ok, awhile back (I have no idea how long ago) I swear I read on someone's blog that they found the cheapest place to get glasses and contacts. It's that time of year again for me to get my year's supply of contacts. I also need an eye exam. So, whoever posted that back in the day, PLEASE PLEASE come forward and re-tell me the info. Anyone?
7 comments:
I don't know about the cheapest, but don't go to "America's Best" even if the commercials seem alluring! It's a waste of money and poor quality. As far as ordering contacts, coastalcontacts.com is a good one for a year's supply.
I use contacts.com, always pretty reasonable, but not sure it would be "the best"...
It wasn't me, but I get really cheap ones from Walmart. And Walmart gets them from 1800Contacts, but they get them cheaper since they order so many. I get a box of 6 lenses for $17, and each pair is supposed to last 30 days I think, but I wear them for a lot longer and they're fine. I probably only use 2 boxes/year.
We've found Greg's cheapest at WalMart too.
For contacts, we get ours from lens.com. I looked at all the places I could, and they had the best prices for our specific brands. Alann goes to Standard Optical for his exams, I go to the Moran Eye Clinic on 47th and Bangerter for mine. I think Standard Optical is a little cheaper for the exam, but since my eyes are needy I prefer a doctor with more learning.
For glasses, we got ours at Zennioptical.com. They aren't glasses you would want to wear all the time, but they work for backups to contacts and are super cheap.
I always get my glasses at JCPenny when they do their deals. Last time I got 2 pair of glasses for $138. You would have to pay more for upgrades, but I thought that was pretty fabulous! But, I have heard a lot of people go through Walmart too.
Oh, I think it was me. I did Standard Optical a while ago, and the contacts were half the price I had been paying. The exam wasn't bad either . However, I agree with the comment to go to the Moran Center. Coming from someone who has had major eye problems for 27 years, I wouldn't go anywhere else but Moran (my insurance paid for the exam at Standard Optical, so i figured I'd do it, even though I'm always at Moran.) I think with eyes that it's important to go to the best doctor---but if the contacts are cheaper somewhere else, that's a bonus for you (and they aren't cheap through Moran).
Post a Comment