Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Park It.

Weston has been very into playing with cars these days. He has slowly amassed quite a collection too. His new favorite thing to do with them is to "park" them in the piano. This is what my piano looks like by the end of a typical day. I think it's so funny because apparently Ian says fitting the cars between the black keys like that is exactly something he would have done as a kid.
Fun thing #2 to do with cars? Line them up to make them look like a choo choo train, of course! Weston seriously was entertained for about 45 minutes putting this together. He was very proud of himself too. He asked me to take this picture of him with his cars.
Last weekend was my old roommate, Lisa's, wedding. It was so fun to attend her sealing and remember all the amazing things that happened on my own wedding day. It was fun to have that to think about the day before my own 5 year anniversary. Aren't they such a beautiful couple?!?
That night we went to the reception and brought the kids. They were both pretty well behaved, the hall was absolutely gorgeous and the good was amazing. The reception was actually at a garden center, so there were TONS of plants and little waterfalls and stuff. Really pretty. So congrats to Lisa and Ryan. I was glad I could be a part of your day.
Also last weekend Ian was working on leaf clean up in our backyard and Weston got to "help." Leaves are a nightmare at our house because we have 9 mature trees on our little .16 acre lot. As you can see it's a big job. I think Ian has already filled 20 bags with leaves. Luckily our city does a leaf clean-up program and provides big leaf bags and allows you to drop off the filled bags at designated sites. Anyway, I thought this picture was too funny of Weston trying to play baseball in all those leaves and wearing his cowboy hat. I love that kid.
Well, the holidays are officially upon us. Tomorrow is Thanksgiving. I am excited to eat me some turkey and mashed potatoes. I am also going to be making my first pie ever to contribute to dinner at my Auntie B's house. I'll let you know how the pie making goes. We will be busting out the Christmas decorations this weekend and lighting the house. Yay! I can't wait. Everyone have a fabulous Thanksgiving!

6 comments:

joyous said...

So cute!! I love "kid" play. Their imaginations are boundless. Ian is so lucky to have a helper like Weston. ;)

Lisa looked beautiful, I'm glad you got to go to the sealing too, that is always a neat experience.

I got my carrots all shredded and ready to go for tomorrow. I just need to pack and we'll be on our way tomorrow....so excited!

Tasha said...

Weston "parking" his car is great. Just what Tanner does ALL day long (still)!!! Seriously, the kid could do it for hours. I loved the pictures of Weston. I bet he will love it for a long long time too.

I am glad you got to go to your friend's sealing and reception. How neat to do it just before your own anniversary too.

Have a great Thanksgiving at Auntie B's!! Tell them I say Hello. I am making shredded carrots for my contribution at Aunt Chris's (just like Joy) :) Hopefully they turn out good. Have a wonderful wonderful Thanksgiving!

Emilee said...

I wonder what the appeal of lining things up is? My little brother used to line up all of his toy animals and then wind them through the house by moving them one by one from the back of the line to the front of the line.

Anonymous said...

Weston looks very proud of his accomplishment in the picture too. You told me about the piano so I love seeing the picture. Lisa looks darling!! I hope you had fun at Auntie B's. We had a fun, fun time at the American Girl store and Cafe today. The girls really enjoyed it and so wanted to take a baby doll home with them, so they'll be thrilled at Christmas. And best of all they never noticed me walking out with the two big bags of American Girl stuff. There was just so much happening. Tomorrow I think we'll go get our tree. We took down Thanksgiving so we're ready to go :-) Let the fun begin.

The Curnow Family said...

Wow, I can't believe she got married! Liza looked so pretty. I love that Weston lines up his cars and that Ian would have done the same thing on the piano! I can't wait to see you in like 2 weeks... ok 3 but still.. soon!

Alexis said...

Yay for Lisa wedding pictures! I am still mourning my loss.

I love parking cars on the piano keys. He is pretty dang cute.