Today Ian had to drive to work, which meant an entire day homebound. It actually was pretty nice. We got a slower start to the day and did baths, I had time to exercise and shower while Dav took a morning nap. When Davin woke up we headed to the park, taking advantage of the sunshine and relatively warm temperatures. I forgot to get the stroller out of the car, so I put Davin in the Snugli and headed out. We had such a great time. We were the only ones there, so we had all the playground stuff to ourselves and we took turns going on the slide. As we were walking home I thought how wonderful it was to just hang with my boys with no pressures of needing to be anywhere. Just playing.
The rest of the day I managed to have a picnic lunch with Weston while watching Sesame Street, make cookies, mop the bathroom floors, and tidy things up. We spent the evening after dinner playing too. It was a fun, hands on mommy day. It felt good.
Here are the many faces of Davin. He is such a doll. Now if he could just take a nap for more than an hour I would be in baby heaven.
13 comments:
Your boys are such cuties! I love their facial expressions, you can tell they're fun-loving little guys.
Not only are those the cutest boys ever, but what a darling, cute quilt that is in the crib ;-) I'm glad you had such a nice kick back day. That's what this time in life is for!!
WAIT - I recognize that quilt!
i love the naked boy pictures!! soo cute.... hahaha and davins faces.... I cant wait to see them again! i miss those boys!!
Hilarious!!! That Davin is a crack-up with his little faces. Oh my goodness, what fun. I love those days when all the stars and planets are aligned: everyone is happy and pleasant (myself included) and life flows along. It makes me SO grateful to be able to stay home and enjoy those moments. You're a lucky girl Miss Shannon!!
I love these kinds of days too. Thanks for sharing!
they are so so cute!! this is why sometimes I love cold rainy days--we have to stay in! It's nice to let stuff go and just play!
Yeah for good days!! Isn't that the best. And a carefree fun day too. It looked and sounded like a nice relaxing good Mommy and kid time day. Your boys are so cute!
Those days are the best! I need to follow your example and slow down to enjoy life more. What is it with boys and being naked? Kaden thinks it's the best thing since sliced bread.
how fun! cuties!!!
You have the cutest little boys!! Enjoy every minute!
I love days like that. Sadly, I don't allow it to happen enough. It's easy to get distracted by errands and cleaning and such. Glad you were able to make the time!
What a cutie Davin is. He has the best little smile.
Post a Comment