Thursday, November 6, 2008

Modeling and a Wedding!

Finally I am getting around to posting the last bit of California pics. I mentioned that my friend, Paige, did a little photo shoot with the boys and I while we were there. The pictures turned out so cute. These are my favorites. If you want to see the rest of the pictures from the shoot go to www.thegreenpaige.squarespace.com and click on Galleries. We are under Bowles Boys. Thanks again Paige!



On a more recent note . . . Davin has a new "spot". His sitting up on his own skills aren't quite as stellar as they could be, but he keeps falling off the couch, so this is the compromise. He seems to enjoy it.
This is what we woke up to yesterday. It continued to snow all morning and into the afternoon. Weston was so excited to get to play in it. He is "shoveling" the snow off the grass and onto the walkway. How helpful. He would have done it all day too, if I had been willing to stay out in the cold with him. I think it is time to break down and buy the kid a snowsuit.
Also yesterday morning I frosted cupcakes for the bridal shower I helped host. Weston was a big fan and didn't make as big of a mess as he did with his last birthday cupcake. The funny thing was that he took real bites and ate the entire frosted top then told me he wanted another one. I told him to finish the one he had. He thought it was cornbread. :)
My friend and old roommate from BYU is getting married in a couple weeks (the day before my anniversary). I helped host her bridal shower. It went really well. We decorated with green apples and accents of black, served soups and yummy breads (which was perfect with the snowy weather), had cupcakes and played Two Truths and Lie with Lisa and Ryan. It went great and was well attended. I had SO much fun staying afterward and talking and laughing with my friends. Here are the 5 of us who have been friends since the dorms at BYU, 7 years ago now! (L-R: Lex, Liz, me, Lisa, Tara)
My Aunt Pam and my cousins watched the boys during the shower. I so appreciated it. Apparently the boys were well-behaved and went to bed without a fuss, so that was good. I am not loving the cold weather. It is so cold that the snow didn't melt today, even though it was sunny. Blah, winter is officially upon us. The only good thing about winter is that Christmas is in the middle of it and I can bake whenever I want. I'm still pulling for one more day in the 70's before the warmth is sucked out of Utah forever (no I don't think that I am being melodramatic).

23 comments:

Shewi128 said...

Oh how fun! I'm so jealous that you guys all got together.. and will be there for her wedding. Tear.

I love the picture of you and Davin alone when he's going to kiss your cheek!

Anonymous said...

Loved the picture of Davin in the laundry basket!! Sorry about winter. We're still having Santa Ana's and would like a little winter. I'll try not to be jealous in front of you. By the way, we got a new computer. Call me and I'll tell you all about it.

Erica said...

I love the picture of Davin in the swing.

Cami said...

Those pictures are so vibrant! Your friend is a wonderful photographer!! And you and the boys look great and happy.

I didn't know you gals were all still good friends, and I'm jealous! I got Lisa's announcement, and I'm so happy for her!

Anonymous said...

Wow! It is so cool to ya'll together all these years later. Brings back memories, that is for sure.

Emilee said...

Every kid living in Utah needs a snowsuit. You run around in a bathing suit in the summer, and a snowsuit in the winter. I don't envy you the snow, but we have rain forecasted for a straight week up here.

joyous said...

I'm glad the shower went well, it sounds like a fun time. I miss big bridal/baby showers out here in my little ward/area.

I love Davin's "spot"....you're so creative. :) Congrats on surviving your day with three kids, and the cold weather. Love you lots!

heather said...

SUPER cute pictures!! My favorite is Davin in the swing- so cute!

Unknown said...

I love the one where Weston's kissing you... and your candid shot of Davin in the laundry basket! He looks like he's about to go on a ride at Disneyland or something.

Sarah said...

I love how Weston seems to be hamming it up in those pictures! It looks like he cooperates really well! Dav in the swing rocks! Such a beautiful family!

Shewi128 said...

I mean Weston.. oops :)

Hilary said...

So cute! Now I want super cute pics with my girls!

DaftDragon said...

so fun, so cute : ) love it :)

Sarah said...

OHhhhhhhh! :( Wish I could have gone. Sounds like lots of fun. I was just thinking of your shower the other day...maybe because I was thinking about how Lisa was getting married... ahh byu reminiscing.

It is so nice to take the time to regularly get professional pics with the kids, they turned out great and are such a beautiful little memory for the years to come. The only picture we always got was an annual Santa picture. Very professional. Although there is one for every year so it is fun to look at them side by side for the past almost 30 years and see the progression. And the different Santas. hm.

The Curnow Family said...

First off... way cute pictures of the boys.. paige is so good!! I love Dav in the Basket! Second off, that was JULES with the bugs under her skin thank you very much!!

Love you! ha

Jared and Delia said...

What beautiful pictures!

jenn (+ will) said...

thanks for your comments! yes aruba was so amazing! your family is adorable :)

Lynsey said...

Darling pictures, love,love, love the one of little Davin in the swing and Weston kissing you! Aren't little boys so much fun?!!

Olson Family said...

HAHAHA i love the picture of weston shoveling snow onto the sidewalk! what a nut... aww I miss you and your family!! I am hoping to make a utah trip soon... like beginning of december. I'll let you know as SOON as I find out! Love you!

lisa said...

I love the pics with your boys!!! What an attractive family :)

also, thanks so much for an amazing shower. yall are the best! and p.s. how did I get to be the giant of the group??

Glen & Kat said...

I loved the pics of your boys. And thank you for reminding me that I definitely don't miss the snow. Maybe it would be nice for a day, but really, I'm glad to be out of it.

Tasha said...

I cannot even believe you have that much snow already!! What is that. It is hard for me to even imagine since it is still warm here during the days. At least Weston is enjoying. A snowsuit is probably a good idea for him if he loves playing in it that much!!

Monica said...

ADORABLE pictures!! You guys are TOO cute! Wow...snow already?? I guess it's that time of year for you guys! We're supposed to have some record HOT weather this weekend here in CA. We can't wait to head up to Utah this winter tho for some snowboarding!