Monday, November 10, 2008

Motivation?

I have had so very little motivation to do anything lately. It seems like I have no energy and am always tired. I just mopped the kitchen floor for the first time in I have no idea how long. Let's just say the juice and mustard and brownie drips were too numerous to spot clean anymore. It took all my mustering to get the mop out.

I'm not sure what the deal is. I am usually a pretty productive and motivated person, but I just can't seem to handle much these days. I am wondering if I am low on iron. I had severe anemia when I was pregnant with Davin and was on iron supplements. I am going to start taking them again and see if it makes a difference.

Anyway, Davin is not feeling good and is running a fever since last night. I'm not sure what is wrong. Possibly just teething. I'm not going to worry too much about it unless it doesn't get better/he doesn't pop up a tooth in the next couple days. It's sad because he looks so tired and blah. The upside is that I am getting lots of snuggles and loves, he is taking longer naps and he even let me rock him for a few minutes earlier today.

I have my first swim meet this Saturday. I am a little nervous that I possibly registered for too many events. Hopefully I am not toast after my first race. I am going to swim the 100 IM, 50 back, 100 free, and the 100 back. I will also probably do the 200 free relay. Send me good, fast vibes on Saturday.

Lastly, just a quick little Weston story. He is getting very excited about Christmas and likes to read his book about the story of the first Christmas and Christ's birth. So the other afternoon he found this scarf in his toy bin and wrapped it around his head, then got his baby doll and said he was Mary and he was holding baby Jesus. He spent a good hour being Mary and handing baby Jesus to me and then taking his turn cuddling him. It was kind of funny that Ian and I couldn't persuade him to be Joseph instead of Mary. Oh well. I'm glad he knows the reason we celebrate Christmas.

17 comments:

Sarah said...

I love Weston! I do hope both you and Dav start feeling better! It's no fun being tired and down when you have so much to do!

Sending hugs and love, good luck Saturday!

Amy said...

Isn't it bittersweet when they're sick? The only sweet part about it usually is that you get those extra snuggles! I love that!

And good luck Saturday!

Cami said...

You could try taking a Vitamin B Complex. It helps give you energy and feel good vibes. :) I think women just go through phases, so don't try to push yourself and ask for help if you need it, and after a while you'll be back to yourself.

Jared and Delia said...

What a cute Mary :). Good luck at your swim meet!

Sorry to hear that you are tired and that you have a sick baby.

The Curnow Family said...

oh my goodness me too!! But I've been really busy at work, we've had a crazy sale. So I'm trying to catch up... I think I just need to start being more active!

Glen & Kat said...

haha...you even got Glen to laugh with that Weston story. How cute! Good luck on Saturday. How fun to be in a meet again!

Tara said...

I'm sorry you're feeling worn. Probably just need another girls night=). Weston is so funny, oh my gosh. That is really cute.

Hilary said...

I love the picture!
To answer your question on my blog, we're buying out in Herriman (and I used to mock people who moved 'clear out there', and now I've fallen in love with the place.) We love the house, and we're so excited at the approximately 12 billion kids who live in our new neighborhood!

Tasha said...

I hear ya! Seriously I don't seem to have it in me lately either. Keep hanging in there. That is exciting about your swim meets!! I hope you do really well and it is a good experience. I am just TOTALLY impressed you are still out their swimming and doing things like this. GO YOU!

Anonymous said...

I'm feeling the same way. I think it's the time change, the weather, hormones, I'm sick. . . etc., etc., etc. Actually yesterday I was so tired I could hardly function, then today I woke up rather sick with a cold so that is probably why! Today is Veteran's day and I'm just curled up in my sweats hanging out. I do have to do SCCC today and then come home and prep for being the elementary clinician for the Newport Mesa school district choir festival. It's running a 45 minute rehearsal for about 200 kids and then doing a concert with them along with their middle schools and high schools. Unfortunately, I don't see the music until tonight and the festival is tomorrow. Oh well, not enough time to sweat over it before it's over. Hang in there with Davin and "Mary". . I mean Weston. He's so cute. I miss them so much!! I love you!!

Monica said...

I know what you mean! I'm so tired lately too...thanks to the little one! haha! Weston is hilarious! I loved the Mary story! too funny! oh and good luck on your swim meet! Wow...you ARE doing a lot of races!

Shewi128 said...

We all go through phases like that sometimes.. and I don't have 2 little boys running around! Oh, and from a dietitian's perspective, don't waste your time on B-vitamins. Placebo effect :)

That's so funny my gift for Lisa and Ryan arrived DURING the bridal shower! I didn't plan it I swear. :)

Jenny said...

thats too funny about weston being mary!

DaftDragon said...

Again, seriously the cutest kids (and I love the name Weston).

Sorry to hear about the dragging and lack of motivation, but hey, life happens in cycles, sometimes we're more productive than others. Give yourself a break :)

And good luck at the swim meet!!!

Lana said...

Okay, Weston is adorable! So what if he's got a little gender confusion? :) Good luck on your swim meet, I"m so impressed that you do that. And they say exercise is one of the quickest ways to fight off that no energy "blah" feeling.

The Shaws said...

Shannon, I am not low on iron and I have the same problem. I have all this stuff to do and after an hour of watching all my tivoed shows (CSI, law and Order, Oprah), I will say to myself, "Why did I just waste my time watching TV when I could've been doing a million more productive things?"

Kat and Steve said...

Sorry you're feeling so tired. I swear our kids have the effect on us. Treat yourself to a night out! Weston is too cute being Mary. That is really sweet. Glad you're teaching him about more than just presents and Santa Clause!