Tuesday, December 3, 2013

TEN!

Remember how way back in June we went on an awesome, warm cruise? In the ocean? Without kids? Well that was our early celebration of our ten year wedding anniversary! It had been awhile since our cruise, so we felt like we needed another vacation, but we settled for a nice long date night instead.  It was pretty convenient because my mom happened to be in town for the weekend and agreed to watch the kiddos again! She's the best. 
Ian had been working lots of crazy hours the whole month of November, but his big projects were finished up just in time for our big day. He took the day off on our actual anniversary, which was Friday the 22nd.  We didn't do anything really special though. We got lots of stuff done around the house though, which was great. That night we got take out and watched a movie together.

Ian surprised me with an anniversary present that night too.  We don't usually do gifts for our anniversary. We just never have.  It's so close to Christmas that occasionally we have done anniversary/early Christmas, but still I was surprised that he had something for me.  I was even more surprised when he pulled out a jewelry box. He got me a beautiful pair of white gold and diamond earrings. I love them so much. But I love Ian more.
Later that night after our movie I went to the airport to pick up my mom. On Saturday we went out to celebrate. We started off with a 90 minute couples massage complete with candles, aromatherapy, and hot towels. It was really nice and relaxing. After our massages we went to The Roof restaurant for dinner. It was our first time eating there. The view was amazing and the atmosphere was really nice.  I liked the live piano music. The food was pretty good. It's a gourmet buffet. Our favorites were the shrimp cocktail, the chicken Florentine dish, and the desserts.  Ian loved the bread pudding with caramel sauce and my favorite was the cheesecake.
Dinner went a little longer than we planned so we had to rush over to the theater to catch our movie. It ended up having technical difficulties and starting about 20 minutes late so we didn't even miss the previews. Sweet! We saw Catching Fire on IMAX. It was really good. Intense but good. After the movie we headed home to hang with Mom and Mel and Brad for a little bit. It was a really fun day/night out.

It has been a wonderful ten years together. Our marriage has been full of ups and downs, but I'm so glad we have weathered the storms. I look forward to many more decades with my best friend. He makes me laugh, makes my life easier, and loves me always. I love the life we have built together and the cute family we have created.
I couldn't ask for more. Thank you for being such a wonderful husband Ian!

2 comments:

Lindsey said...

Ten years? Really? There's no way it has been TEN years!!?? Insane. Congrats, you two crazy lovebirds.

Alison Bayles said...

Oh, this makes me so happy! Congrats!! And I'm glad that even though you went on the cruise you still got to do something fun the day of. :)