Friday, October 31, 2014

Beckett Turns 2!

Sunday was Beckett's second birthday. It's pretty weird that my baby is two. He is such a joy and I am so glad he's a part of our family. He didn't really know what was happening but he loved it. He woke up to see all those inflatable dinosaurs and balloons. He immediately started roaring at the big dinos and playing with his siblings. 
We didn't have regular church because the Ogden temple was re-dedicated that day. Weston, Grandma, and I went to the temple re-dedication. It was pretty exciting taking Weston to that. It was his first real temple experience. He was a little wiggly but mostly seemed interested and was very good about being quiet and paying attention.

That evening Mel and Brad came over to join us for Beckett's birthday dinner. We had french toast and bacon for dinner because that is Beckett's favorite. After dinner we let Beck open his presents. He was very spoiled. He got elephants and dinosaurs and a tick tock croc. He got a shopping cart to push around his treasures and got new dino jammies and Thomas slippers. It was lots of fun.
Beckett loved being sung to. He tried hard to blow out his candle, but his air mostly just went up into his own face. Davin and I helped him out. He was not interested in eating cake at all. I think he was still pretty full from dinner and much more interested in playing with all of his new toys. The rest of us enjoyed his cake though. :)
It was so great having Grandma and Papa and Mel and Brad help us celebrate. I love this age when everything is so exciting still. Beckett is just the cutest. He roared and made elephant noises all night long. He is now officially two and has finally started saying lots of words and throwing tantrums. I love watching my kids grow! Happy Birthday my sweet baby Beckett!

No comments: