Davin and Talia did another week of swimming lessons after school started. I was a little frustrated that Talia still was whining about doing a back float. I bribed her every lesson and had resigned myself to her not getting it this summer. But at our very last lesson . . . she did it! She finally did it! I think having the same teacher work with her for 4 lessons in a row helped build trust that he wouldn't let her drown. Also she just knew she wanted to pick out a toy at Target. :) I was SO excited for her and proud! We went to Target that night and she picked out a stuffed fish called Squeakers from Doc McStuffins. Hopefully we can practice a few times through the winter so she can remember how to do it by next summer.
Ian went out of town to San Francisco the second week of school. We kept plenty busy. I took all four kids to the dentist by myself. It was Beckett's first official visit. He did awesome! He hung out it in the chair and watched the movie on the ceiling and gnawed on his toothbrush. Davin had a first too. During his cleaning he lost his first tooth! It was very wiggly. He was super happy that it came out! No one had cavities and no one cried until the very end when I made them leave the toys in waiting area.





1 comment:
Your dentist is so great for kids! I love how cool Davin is with his lost tooth and cool shades!
Post a Comment