1. He held and played with his first roly poly. For some reason we don't have roly polys in our yard, so while playing in our friend's front yard (they weren't home, but we had some time to kill, thanks for not caring that we trespassed Miller's) we found one. It was a stubborn one and didn't want to roll up into a ball, but Weston loved having it crawl all over his hands and up his arms. He thought it tickled. :)
2. Weston got his first chiropractic adjustment. I went to the chiropractor (our friend, Jared Miller) because I have been having really sharp horrible back pain. Blah. Anyway, it is feeling better, not gone, but better. After he was done adjusting me he did a little on Weston. He said "Jared fixed my back!" for the next 10 minutes.
3. He was really hungry for dinner and ate a normal portion amount for his size! Ok, I'm sure this wasn't a total first, but it's pretty darn rare, so I was stoked. He was hungry because he pretty much refused lunch and therefore didn't get anything to eat or drink (except water) until dinner. I'm attempting to teach him that mealtime is when we eat, not snacks all day long. Ah parenting...
4. Weston got his first bee sting, or more accurately, wasp sting. Poor kid. We played at the Burton's house after the chiropractor appointment and as we were leaving Weston got stung. I didn't see it happen. He just started crying and I saw the wasp right next to him then fly away. It was kind of funny because he really didn't understand. The first thing he said when he stopped crying was "What happened?" I explained that the wasp stung him because he was scared since Weston is so much bigger than him. Weston seemed to accept that, but still commented the entire way home. . . "that stinkin wasp hurt me" "he scared of me?" "I scared of him" "I try to hold that stinkin wasp". It was an ongoing thing. He calmed down pretty quick and didn't even leave the bandaid on the whole way home. Here he is showing off his battle scar. You can't really see it, but its just a little red dot on his palm.
Sad news first, as always. I like to end on the happy note. Ok, it's really not that tragic, but I stupidly attempted to cut my own bangs. I know what you're thinking "didn't you learn your lesson in 7th grade?" Yes, well it had been awhile and I really thought I was much more capable 12 years later. Alas, this is not the case. I got my hair trimmed on Saturday but I didn't like the way my bangs looked. They kept falling in my eyes and it was driving me crazy so I thought that if I trimmed them a little then they wouldn't be so annoying. Well, silly me. Here's the damage. I keep reminding myself (and Ian) that they will grow out quickly. Ugh.
I always scan the sales racks when I'm at Target (or any store really). They had some jeans on sale. I grabbed a pair that was in my size and was on clearance for $6. I figured if they were remotely cute I would by them. Then I found another cuter pair on sale for $20. Not too bad, so lo and behold they were both really cute and fit! As I finished up my shopping I debated with myself if I should even bother trying to return the dress. Since usually, shrinking the clothing item in the wash is not a valid reason to return something, but I finally decided the worst thing they could say is no. Sure enough they let me exchange it for the jeans!
Wait for it, wait for it. I got home and went to re-try on both pairs of jeans and I looked at the receipt and discovered the $20 jeans were also on clearance for $7! That means I got two pairs of jeans for $13. I'm so proud of myself. Plus I returned the dress, so really I didn't spend any additional money for them. :) Don't you love my shopping logic? Thanks for that Mom! Anyway, sorry my bargain hunting story is so long winded. I will try to be more concise next time. It has been a good couple of days and we are building/putting up our new fence this weekend. I can't wait for it to be done and have a private backyard finally!
10 comments:
i'm no bang expert but i don't think they look bad at all. poor weston and his wasp sting. i am deathly afraid of bees and wasps so to me he was very brave. the $13 jeans acquisition is quite a find!
visiting teaching was pretty fun back then and i don't think i even appreciated it. when we moved out to a real ward i got called to visit teach all these elderly ladies in convalescent homes and i was like, "man, i had it good back in the byu married ward." its weird to think you were pregnant with weston then and now he is so big!
Great shopping logic! It's right up there with: If I get a $50 dress for $20, then I can buy the $30 jeans (which are also on sale---we wouldn't buy something that wasn't), and it's like I got them for free!
Sad for Weston!! But I love how he uses the word "stinkin" that just kept cracking me up. Probably because I use it too, but I just love the idea of it coming out of a 2 year old mouth. :)
About your bangs, I like them. I see where you had a little trouble, but really they are not that bad and I think you look cute.
And thirdly . . . LOVE LOVE LOVE the sweet deal you got at Target. Even if you werent returning the dress and getting money back . . . $13 on 2 pairs of jeans. Now, that is a happy day!!!!
Tell Weston that Grandma B got a wasp sting too, at her B-day party :-( We can share our battle stories in August. I love your shopping logic. It all makes perfect sense to me :-) The bangs are cute too! Don't worry. I just had a four hour lunch with Kim Hennessy today. She did not receive Mel's wedding invitation, but did get her shower invitation. Oh, brother. She would love to see you girls and babies in October. We're going to make that happen! Baby Jillian is a junior . . .in high school?!?!! It was a fun afternoon. Tomorrow is the Getty. Hope you have another fun and event day tomorrow too.
I love you, Mom
awww poor Weston!
I seriously go straight to Targets sale rack before the regular ones. A couple of months ago I got two dresses for $4 each! I had been eyeing one for awhile and then forgot only to find it for that price, that was such a good day.
Your bangs look good! I wouldn't worry.
Glad to hear everything is going well!
Wow, I'm impressed at your mad shopping skills. And your bangs aren't that bad.
Shannon,
First of all, your bangs look fine you silly!
Second of all, I loved reading all of the phrases Weston said on the way back to your house. He is so precious and I thought he handled the whole situation very well! Mason keeps asking for Weston by the way :) He walked downstairs today, and the first thing he said was "Weston? Weston?" They are officially buddies ;) Also, I am so glad that you got such an amazing deal on jeans! We have to have our girls' night for sure, but I am glad you got such a smoking hot deal. We'll plan it once our families have left.
Holy Cow you guys have been busy. I'm really glad to hear that your back is feeling better and hopefully the pain will be gone soon!!!
Roly polies are the best bugs ever. We've been having fun trying not to step on the snails that go across our pathway and chasing the butterflies that have been out and about in the flowers!! Did you explain to Weston that not all bugs like to be held?!? Mostly, just roly polies....not wasps!
P.S. Sorry about the bangs. :)
oh my gosh! that's an awesome deal!! I need jeans sOoOo BAD!! But I've been feels kinda icky so I just can't bring myself to shop for any!
Hey Shannon! So sorry we weren't home. Feel free to go in our backyard as well. Heck, call Jared or I and we will give you the garage door code. I feel so bad. That is at least twice now I have missed you. My sister from Oklahoma leaves tomorrow, so I should be home for you to visit for awhile. I am looking forward to a little more down time! Poor Weston, and your bangs don't look bad!
Post a Comment