Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Costumes and Crazy 8's

Our Halloween night was pretty fun. Our dysfunctional ward doesn't quite get the whole how-to-throw-a-Halloween-party thing, so they had the ward party ON Halloween. We went for the trunk or treat part then just left and finished up trick or treating. Weston was a BIG fan of trick or treating this year. He loved walking around and getting candy. Here he is getting ready for the festivities. Arr Matey!
The fam at the ward party. Unfortunately you can't see Ian's costume. I didn't dress up this year and Davin ended up being sort of a puppy. It's really just a regular outfit, but it had ears on the hood and puppy feet as the footies, so it worked. Perhaps next year I will plan ahead and we will all coordinate and be cute.
The boys in costume. After the trunk or treat I took Davin home and we hung out and gave out candy. Weston trick or treated our neighborhood for another whole HOUR. I was so impressed. He was tired when he got home, but excited to check out his stash and help hand out candy. Overall, definitely a successful and fun Halloween.
Now that Halloween is over I am fully launched into the holidays and Christmas will be here before we know it! Crazy. Speaking of crazy. I got tagged to do this Crazy 8 tag. Here goes . . .

8 TV Shows I Love To Watch...
The Office
Big Bang Theory
How I Met Your Mother
Lost
Scrubs
What Not to Wear
Mythbusters

8 Favorite Restaurants
Cafe Rio
Spaghetti Factory
Claim Jumper
hmmm . . . we don't eat out that much
McDonalds (Weston loves to go there. I am actually really sick of it)
Mimi's
In N Out
Golden Spoon (does that count as a restaurant?)
Red Lobster (lame, I know, but I love fried shrimp and their biscuits)

8 Things That Happened Yesterday
Went to swim practice
Did 5, yes 5, loads of laundry
Fed Davin green beans without getting any food on his bib. Yay!
Shopped at Smiths
Got gas for 2.44/gallon
Washed bottles
Played the piano
Watched "Father of the Bride" and ate pumpkin chocolate chip cookies

8 Things I'm Looking Forward To
Lisa's shower
My swim meet
Baking a pie for Thanksgiving
Christmas shopping for the kids
Davin sleeping through the night
Seeing the midnight showing of Twilight
Going to Disneyland again
Our anniversary

8 Things on My Wish List
More sleep!
To actually lose the last of the baby weight
A new wardrobe (perhaps with guidance/money from What Not to Wear)
A cruise with Ian and a couple of friends
To live closer to all my family
A new D-SLR camera
A bigger car
Someone to clean my house or at least take my kids away while I clean

If you feel like doing the tag I would LOVE to read it from everyone! I am feeling pretty overwhelmed with all the stuff I have going on in the next few weeks/months. I hope I can manage to get everything done and still keep my sanity and actually enjoy all the fun things coming up.

Today I bought the most amazing fuzzy socks at Bath and Body Works. They are making me SO happy! I am even almost content with the gray, rainy weather since I'm wearing such great socks. Also, I took the kids this morning and VOTED. It will be interesting to see what the outcome of this election is and what the future holds.

9 comments:

Tasha said...

So fun to see the boys dressed up. You can tell that Weston was loving the whole Halloween thing! Isn't the best once they start getting it! I just love the holidays :)

Tara said...

I am glad to see Weston likes pirates because Kenz really wants a pirate birthday party. And I love that you didn't fuss over Davin's costume (it's kind of a waste on babies). Alright, I will see you tonight. I gotta go get Lisa's present now!

The Curnow Family said...

Ok Brad and I weren't able to watch Big Bang Theory because Ian only gave us the sound.. no picture... sad day!! I love Weston's costum, he looks so cute!

joyous said...

Love the pirate costume!! He's such a trooper to go trick-or-treating for that long!! Our ward Halloween party is usually on Halloween, if we can make it that way. I like that best b/c I don't really like to take my kids out door to door in our area and I don't really like going to other areas, I feel like that's cheating. (I know, I'm weird.) Glad you had a fun holiday.

It was kind of crazy this week to realize that we're in November. Christmas looks a lot closer on this side of Halloween!!

Lana said...

You're going to the midnight showing of Twilight? Lucky!! Melany and I are going on Saturday because it sold out so quick for Friday. YOur kids are such cuties, love the pirate costume. What's a pirate's favorite Twilight character? CAAARRRRlisle Cullen. (Okay, sorry, I just couldn't resist)

Glen & Kat said...

I can't believe Weston trick-or-treated for an hour. But I guess when you're getting free candy...

Jackie H said...

Cute kids! We did go to Mabey's patch. They are Taylor's friend's in-laws, so we got a sweet (Free) deal!

Lynsey said...

Loved the costumes. Halloween is so much fun with kids, especially when they can actually go trick-or-treating, I'm sure you had a blast. Thanks for the comment, the girl who took our pictures is Amelia Lyon, you can find her website on Heather William's blog.

DaftDragon said...

omg ur kids are so freakin' cute...
seriously.
oh, and I don't live by where there is a mimi's, but now that I saw it in ur post i'm cravin those muffins like you would not believe.
and thanks for the holiday bits, totally helped start get me in spirit :)