Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Go Cougars!

Saturday morning I went and got my hair done first thing. By the time I got home it was almost time to leave for the BYU football game against Virginia. Talia and Beckett stayed home with a babysitter, but the big boys came with us to the game. The game started at 1pm and it was almost 90 degrees that day. So so hot! When we first got into the stadium the boys got to take a picture wearing a real BYU player's helmet. They were surprised how heavy it was.
We ate lunch in the stadium before we went to our seats. It was nice to be in the shade for a little while. We got free shirts since it was a white out game. We ended up soaking the shirts in water to help keep us cool during the game. Ian and I also went to the Cougar den and bought ourselves hats. I am SO glad I got a hat. I don't know if I would have survived without it. The game was still fun. BYU played pretty well.
Grandma took the boys down into the shade for most of the 2nd quarter since it was just so hot. They managed to survive to the end of the game after halftime. I ran down and met up with my old BYU roomie, Lisa, during halftime. I'm so glad we got to catch up in person! It was so fun to see her!
The game was pretty exciting and fun despite the heat. BYU pulled off a 41-33 win! It took forever to get out of the stadium at the end and I felt bad that we were gone pretty much all day, but Talia and Beckett had fun with their babysitter, so it was fine.
We were exhausted that night. Beckett helped me bake his birthday cake. I let him lick the beater for the first time. He loved it, of course. We vegged and I got the house ready for Beckett's birthday the next day before we crashed. :)

1 comment:

elizabeth said...

Zoo sounds fun. ..hot BYU game not as fun!